Author Topic: security notice constantly with new download  (Read 4266 times)

deboz60

security notice constantly with new download
« on: May 13, 2007, 02:29:35 AM »
Hi,have had avast for couple of years now and getting downloads fine.  With the newest one which was downloaded 11 May however, am constantly getting a security notice every time I log into email accounts, my university website, etc. etc. about their security certification - the notice won't go away until I've clicked it about 4 times each time.  Also, our little automatic Avast icon said that we need to update immediately - I check it and it says that we've definitely got the latest version.  Is this a problem with the new update?  Thankyou.

hawick

Re: security notice constantly with new download
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »
I have a problem that my computer won't download or click on the 11th May update, so I am now out of date.
Have started up the computer many times in the hope of recognizing it. I even downloaded from the site but it went to a different part of the machine, and I can't get subsequent updates.
Sorry for gatecrashing your post, but as it is the same update i thought maybe the two were linked.

Any solutions anyone, sorry deboz can't advise you myself.
I guess I could uninstall and start again, but is there any guarantee the same problem won't recur?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:09:02 PM by hawick »