Author Topic: WiFi Inspector - How to "Forget Devices"  (Read 673 times)

Offline Elizabeth175

WiFi Inspector - How to "Forget Devices"
« on: June 17, 2021, 01:27:04 AM »
Hello all,

Running Avast Premium Security (21.4.2464 (build 21.4.6266.670)) on a Win10 64bit laptop.

Network has been glitchy, so I reset the modem to factory, and completely reset-up the network.  I suspect that the neighbor was piggy backed onto my WiFi - long story short, construction on my property cut a cable line, that was my neighbors (why was it on my property? Different company, too)  After the repair, my WiFi was noticeably slower.  BUT - timing was right at the start of the shut down, and the neighbor was now home 24/7.  Not knowing for sure, a reset was begun.

Different SSID, password, etc.  At this moment, there are 3 cell phones, 2 laptops, 1 tablet, and 1 wearable connected to the network.  And the admin software for the modem agrees with that count. 

However - The WiFi Inspector says there are 61-63 items.  All but those listed above are OLD devices, from the old network.  (devices that can be controlled by amazon or google.)  They are NOT connected yet.  I have already utilized the WiFi scan, ad "forget item" on everything.  (Tedious - 1 at a time)  But after a reboot, the new scan shows them all there... still.

HOW do I get Avast to forget all the old items, so I can start with a clean WiFi slate?  I want to label each item as I add it, so I can monitor everything.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!!

Offline Elizabeth175

Re: WiFi Inspector - How to "Forget Devices"
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 03:23:29 AM »
Hello All...

Resolved the issue... I uninstalled Avast, completely.  Rebooted.  Re-installed.  Only the items mentioned earlier are showing in the scan.