Author Topic: Lexmark Scanner  (Read 811 times)

Offline fcook

Lexmark Scanner
« on: June 18, 2021, 12:49:24 AM »
I tried to scan something for the first time since upgrading to Premium and my computer couldn't connect to the scanner.  This with the Lexmark Scan Center. I turned off Avast for 10 minutes and it worked.  Do I need to create an exception somewhere?

The printer and computer are both on my LAN.  I can print to it but the scanner app is being blocked.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:53:46 AM by fcook »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Lexmark Scanner
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 09:08:23 AM »
I tried to scan something for the first time since upgrading to Premium and my computer couldn't connect to the scanner.  This with the Lexmark Scan Center. I turned off Avast for 10 minutes and it worked.  Do I need to create an exception somewhere?

The printer and computer are both on my LAN.  I can print to it but the scanner app is being blocked.

Hi,

Please see https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Antivirus-scan-exclusions/
If this does not resolve your issue, please attach a screenshot of the error message.

Offline fcook

Re: Lexmark Scanner
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 03:21:32 PM »
I thought it needed an exception but I'd tried to put the scanner app into the list of firewall exceptions. You correctly pointed me instead to scanning exceptions. It seemed strange but I added 10.0.038 (the IP of the printer) to the list and a quick test worked. For what it is worth, the error I was getting was unable to communicate with the scanner. That's why I thought it was a firewall issue.

Thanks for the quick response.