Author Topic: Unscanned Files.Need Help  (Read 2933 times)

tdk

Unscanned Files.Need Help
« on: February 20, 2004, 01:10:46 AM »
Hi. I appreciate the help.
On my first scan i got 9 virus/worm hits which i moved and renamed successfully. I then did a virus clean that said no virus bodys found but some files couldn't be scanned:
2/14/2004, 2:24:33 PM
Memory scanning started...
No virus body found in memory.
Memory scanning finished (5.0s).
----------
Files scanning started...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG... file could not be scanned!
No virus body found.
Files scanning finished  (38208 files, 0 infected, 771.0s).
Drives scanned: C: E:
----------
Do I need to do anything with this?
In my log file..see attatched. I have some warnings, errors. Any action required here?
I did virus cleaning with resdnt scanner off and System Restore under Syst.Properties turned off....is this the same as Automated System Recovery in the cleaning directions?
I did the cleaning signed in as administrator..is there a
chance this contaminated something I don't know about, and should I redo scan signed in as another user?
I appreciate any help you can give.
TDK

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Unscanned Files.Need Help
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 09:29:44 AM »
During the runtime of the operating system, it's perfectly normal that some of the files cannot be accessed. They are currently in used and "locked" (and cannot be accessed even by an administrator).
The mentioned LOG files are part of the system registry - so you don't have to worry about them, they certainly don't contain any virus; there's no need to repeat the scan because of that.

Btw, keep in mind the avast! Virus Cleaner handles only a very limited selection of the most common viruses/worms - so it probably wouldn't help much to run a scan with avast! Virus Cleaner to make sure that nothing has left; another full scan with avast! would be better.