Author Topic: Avast and Directplay in Vista  (Read 14531 times)

currican

Re: Avast and Directplay in Vista
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 11:27:32 PM »
yeah baby... works fine without network shield  :D

disabling the network shields does not fix the problem for me.

Running:

AVAST
SpyBot S&D
Win Firewall ( I allowed FL thru the firewall )
Win Def.( set it as an allowed program )

Please help  :'(

Gomer_Pyle

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 09:43:52 PM »
Disabling this didnt fix the problem for me either. Freelancer still tells me that it cannot connect to servers even if it still pings it and tells me how many players is on it.

Gomer_Pyle

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 10:28:40 AM »
Edit: It worked when i uninstalled "Networkshield" from my avast installation. Do I not need that? I thought that was important? You guys done a workaround for this so i do not need to uninstall networkshield?

Thanks,

masterdk78

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »
Hey there supporters of Avast.

I have  not been playing freelancer for years, and decieded to see if it still was active.
And to my surprice, its in fact very active.

Now microsoft servers has closed down their servers, so its all now player based servers.
As this topic is about, cannot connect, its no surprice i found this post by searching in your forum before i wanted to post my issue.

For some reason, this has not been solved, and im having the same problems as the others in here have.

I could not run freelancer with avast installed, and i was very confused, coz i could see the server was active, and with players in it, but i could not join?

I did post an forum to the freelancer team and they told me that its my virus protector and it would not even help to disable it, by i needed to trash it.

I could hardly believe it, but figured i might as well try, i could allways install avast again if they where wrong.

but sadly, they where right, disable avast was not enough, i had to completly remove it.
then i was able to join their servers, i find that very disturbing leaving my computer unprotected, and taking in consideration, that avast was the winner of being the 2nd best virus protector in the world, i was very surpriced to see this.

And this is why i make this post. I want freelancer to work with avast, as prolly many others prolly want.
Here is the link to the freelancer team i was talking about, and how they see the issue.
U dont need to be member to see this post, but maybe, i dont know if it could help or not.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9310

I have not tryed to turn down the shield, but as other in here did write, it did not help, but ill give it a go later when i get home. but as faar as i know, this is the only game who has an issue with avast.

with best regards.
Johnni

masterdk78

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »
An update on my avast problem.

I tryed to pause web shield ps2 shield an some of the others. that didnt help, then stopped the providers, that didnt help either.

after stopping theprovider, i could not figure out how to get the providers running again, so uninstalled avast and tryed freelancer again, and it worked.

Have installed avast again. and still the same problem with avast...

So can supporters plz help me out plz?

masterdk78

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 11:41:37 AM »
Hallo, ยด?

where is ppl? how loong responce time should i exspect?

masterdk78

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
bump

masterdk78

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »
bump

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 01:03:20 AM »
I'm reading your posts... but I can't help. Sorry.
I think the same is occurring with other users.
The best things in life are free.