Author Topic: Annoying "Renew early" popup even with Silent Mode on..  (Read 20841 times)

Offline thatguy2

Re: Annoying "Renew early" popup even with Silent Mode on..
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 03:51:54 AM »
Getting this same crap. PAID version, all the checkboxes in the Settings/General/Personal Privacy turned off. EVERY FRIGGIN DAY I GET THE PROMO POPUP.

I might actually just uninstall Avast before my subscription ends because this is way too disruptive on my machine.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 12:17:24 PM »
As an update and to clarify the pop message issue.
This is not a bug. We are offering an upgrade service package (Ultimate).
We believe this to be a great deal and package. We understand the frustration with the pop-up offer, and we're looking into doing optimizations on the frequency of these.
It is currently not possible to disable these upgrade offers within Avast. However, we are looking into solutions.

Offline thatguy2

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 12:24:50 PM »
I'm sorry but that is not a good excuse.
The simplest thing you could've done was add a "remind me in xxx days" or something to that effect. Forcing a popup on us with no way of muting it? That's the exact kind of thing we expected to NOT see after buying the software.

Offline drake.d

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 02:11:08 AM »
What about things that don't use full screen... spreadsheets, text editors... stuff in maximized windows? Not games. My focus gets stolen multiple times a day. I have NOT yet renewed because I am sick of being nagged by popups while I still have a paid subscription. Wait until I let it lapse before turning on malware mode.

Offline maxlkt

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 02:32:05 AM »
I'm sorry but that is not a good excuse.
The simplest thing you could've done was add a "remind me in xxx days" or something to that effect. Forcing a popup on us with no way of muting it? That's the exact kind of thing we expected to NOT see after buying the software.
Agreed that, bro. This "pop-up" problem only occur recently, past few year was quite good. as a many years of royalty of avast user, i feel disappointment on what avast did to his royalty subscriber user. I am going to give up avast n look for other product service.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 11:17:39 AM by maxlkt »

Offline drake.d

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2021, 10:38:42 AM »
We believe this to be a great deal and package. We understand the frustration with the pop-up offer, and we're looking into doing optimizations on the frequency of these.
It is currently not possible to disable these upgrade offers within Avast. However, we are looking into solutions.

The Nigerian Prince thinks he has a good deal also.

The best solution is to remove it. I had 90 days of subscription left when my antivirus went full on malware mode. I still have around 60. The irony is that we buy your product to stop software that does what you are actively and openly doing from being installed. I have used plenty of "free" adware and none of it has ever done what this paid product is doing. 

Offline Chad113

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2021, 03:14:09 AM »

This amazing "deal" of yours is gonna make me change to a different antivirus at this rate
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 03:18:36 AM by Chad113 »

Offline judanini

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2021, 06:25:07 AM »

I find this very hard to believe.  You can design software to remove a multitude of viruses from my PC, but you can't prevent your software from putting advertising material on my screen.  Really???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2021, 12:38:02 PM »
Dev-Info: FYI, we are going to check NAGS vs silent mode.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline graham111

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2021, 07:55:58 AM »
Just popping in to say that it's offensive that a paid program is throwing these popups at me constantly like it's shareware, and that the company's response is "Yeah, we did it on purpose. You're welcome." This could have been just a single email sent to every subscriber.

It's convenient that these popups are happening when my subscription is about to expire, because I'll be one of the people not renewing it. Please remember that people expect your paid product to be unobtrusive, and lots of popup advertisements lower its appeal tremendously.

Offline Brenny

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2021, 12:51:32 PM »
I'm also fed up with the annoying popups and no way to turn it off. Wish they could add a drop-down like the restart so I could click "Remind me next century". Any recommendations on other antivirus programs?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:29:34 AM by Brenny »

Offline rorys87

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2021, 10:37:52 AM »
02.08.21 update, intrusive add still occurring often. ill definitely cancel my subscription. I had issues with other Avast adds before I learnt how to run off the settings. they must not realise how Malware and Adware affect users.

Did anyone realise the price annoyingly advertised to existing premium users was more expensive than that advertised on Avast's website? As they are running a SAVE 30% offer. but obviously this is not available to us dummies. A bit of a scam I’d say.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:44:41 AM by rorys87 »

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »
02.08.21 update, intrusive add still occurring often. ill definitely cancel my subscription. I had issues with other Avast adds before I learnt how to run off the settings. they must not realise how Malware and Adware affect users.

Did anyone realise the price annoyingly advertised to existing premium users was more expensive than that advertised on Avast's website? As they are running a SAVE 30% offer. but obviously this is not available to us dummies. A bit of a scam I’d say.
They (sales department) must especially realise (achieve ;) ) .... a better profit.
I've never seen a big company that makes a mistake in its sales policy without reacting, so if avast makes a mistake, we'll know about it soon .... the popups will disappear.

Offline Joshua307

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2021, 03:11:51 AM »
Been getting the same issue.

Gone over all the settings.  The popups happen on two different machines.  I'm subscribed to both.

It's been reported as a bug.  This is bad programming, bad sales, bad business.  I pay to NOT have ads.  This includes yours.  Send it by E-mail.  If I like it, I'll take it.

I'm subscribed to your service because I've had it for years, it works, it had features, it runs lighter than your competitors, and it wasn't getting in my face.  The last point, it's doing piss poorly in.

There's no excuse.  You are not making a nice promo, it's not worth the hassle, and if you want to save money, try seeing if management will hire new marketing, sales, and even management to replace themselves.

Offline r44flyer

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2021, 12:02:21 PM »
Yep, agree with you all, the ad has appeared on all my PCs twice now, very annoying.
It's not even a good price, £70+ for 10 devices, for which I only pay £25 for now.