Author Topic: Annoying "Renew early" popup even with Silent Mode on..  (Read 20839 times)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Annoying "Renew early" popup even with Silent Mode on..
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2021, 12:33:54 PM »
....on all my PCs....
...for which I only pay £25 for now.

For ultimate 10 devices ?

As said by r@vast:
We are offering an upgrade service package (Ultimate).
We believe this to be a great deal and package.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 12:38:09 PM by chris.. »

Offline r44flyer

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2021, 03:45:04 PM »
Avast Premium Security - yes 10 devices.

Their pricing is all over the place, the rules seem to be:
1. Let take a punt see what we can get, offer renewal for £75
2. Oh, you haven't renewed, well here's a special offer for £24.99 instead.

Deceitful practice now plaguing the Internet.
It's also getting too module heavy, too many upselling crap components (yes I know I can switch them off and do).
I've given up recommending Avast to my clients now.

Offline r44flyer

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2021, 05:30:05 PM »
Another today at bootup time!
5th one in 3 weeks.
Avast, you said you were looking into it - look harder and stop it.

Offline judanini

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2021, 06:26:23 PM »
Those annoying adverts seemed to reduce in frequency for a few weeks after I originally complained, but they've ramped up again in the last week or so.  Several times they've popped up over the top of work I was doing on my PC.  How unprofessional.

My anti-virus renewal is due in October this year and I need to decide whether to continue with Avast for another year (or two), which probably means a lot more adverts, or, move to another anti-virus program.

Avast - you've made the decision very easy for me.  You're ignoring the complaints in this thread and your marketing people have clearly taken over the company.  It's a pity, as you originally  provided exactly what people paid for.  Only those using your free anti-virus program had to tolerate adverts.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2021, 04:31:17 PM »
Hi,

We are genuinely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Please know that we are still working on a permanent fix, and we hope to release it soon.

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2021, 09:17:59 AM »
Hello, thank you r44flyer for the screen. It seems you have ultimate (AV+cleanup+vpn). The screen is probably from Avast Cleanup. Silent mode is set for AV now. We are working on a fix, which will disable ads for Cleanup too. From my point of view silent mode in AV should be shared by other Avast apps on the same machine, especially for our best customers with ultimate.

Offline r44flyer

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2021, 12:44:43 PM »
No, I have Avast Premium Security, not Ultimate.
But the stupid thing is it thinks I own Antitrack Premium & Driver updater, which I don't (bug mentioned on another thread).
Another 'renewal' pop-up today - sick of it!
Backed up, about to remove Avast and try something else instead!

Avast has too many modules, too complicated, too many bugs, malicious marketing, upselling - why would I want it anymore?

Offline Dark Thoughts

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2021, 01:24:47 PM »
I'm experiencing the same behavior for my Premium Avast with Silent mode on and Offers turned off. Whether this is a bug or a promotion, I dislike it.

I have intolerance to marketing campaigns that blatantly aim to take more money from me. This is exactly what it does. I like Avast. I'm not a basic user, so I don't easily fall into phishing or scam attempts, so Avast is just a cushion for me to feel better. This AV is relatively lightweight and does not interfere with gaming which is important for me. HOWEVER, I'm considering my options mainly because of this annoying pop-up every fucking time that I start windows (and a little bit because the follow-up yearly subscriptions keep getting more and more expensive and the curve is slightly more steep than I'd feel comfortable with).

Offline tharos213

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2021, 01:52:46 AM »
Just canceled my renewal i bought Avast so i didn't get this stuff put up with it Last year till my renewal I'm done this year i know I'm a drop in the ocean and Avast doesn't care but I'm done Good luck.

Offline gkinrade

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2021, 09:09:49 AM »
Hi,

Please know that we are still working on a permanent fix, and we hope to release it soon.

And yet here we are on 6th November and I'm still getting these pop up probably 5 times a week.  I will be cancelling my renewal and finding an alternative.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2021, 01:27:07 PM »
Hi,

And yet here we are on 6th November and I'm still getting these pop up probably 5 times a week.  I will be cancelling my renewal and finding an alternative.

Hi,

You seem to have Avast Premium Security, and enabling silent mode should fix this. Please see https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-popup-notifications/
If you are receiving the renew early notifications after having enabled silent mode, please contact Avast Support via https://support.avast.com/en-gb/contact/paid

Offline xSean

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2021, 02:08:08 AM »
Zero reason that you should have to enable Silent Mode to not see the ads.

This issue that has been ongoing for months plus the inability to manage subscriptions/devices on the website since the redesign already makes me inclined to not bother rewnewing.

Paying for a service should mean you do not gets ads or obnoxious popups, yet there always seems to be some kind of issue involving this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:13:34 AM by xSean »

Offline Kristoffer6

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2021, 09:39:21 AM »
I also keep getting these annoying popups, at this point I'm so ticked off that I'm going to change to another Anti virus provider. Can't believe that they do this to paying customers.

Offline r44flyer

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2022, 12:40:59 AM »
I followed through and cancelled my renewal.
I installed Malwarebytes Premium (on 3 PCs) in September 2021 and haven't had any issues with it.
It runs in the background quietly and scans are efficient.
No annoying Pop-ups.
Occasionally a message from MB that a particular Google searched website has been blocked and would be un-wise to proceed.
So all good for me getting rid of Avast.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2022, 02:00:08 AM »
I followed through and cancelled my renewal.
I installed Malwarebytes Premium (on 3 PCs) in September 2021 and haven't had any issues with it.
It runs in the background quietly and scans are efficient.
No annoying Pop-ups.
Occasionally a message from MB that a particular Google searched website has been blocked and would be un-wise to proceed.
So all good for me getting rid of Avast.
It's  not an AV but, it's your computer.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet