Author Topic: Problem when launching Avast 4.7  (Read 2359 times)

lfp55

Problem when launching Avast 4.7
« on: May 19, 2007, 03:52:17 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm a French user (so sorry in advance for the mistakes you would find) and have just install avast 4.7 home edition on my PC. When I start my computer, I receive an error message telling me that avast has detected another antivirus (kaspersky), that's wrong, so I have no protection, which annoy me. Please, have you got any solution or suggestion for me ?

Thanks per advance

PS : you'll find in attachment the screen of my computer when it starts

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Problem when launching Avast 4.7
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm a French user (so sorry in advance for the mistakes you would find) and have just install avast 4.7 home edition on my PC. When I start my computer, I receive an error message telling me that avast has detected another antivirus (kaspersky), that's wrong, so I have no protection, which annoy me. Please, have you got any solution or suggestion for me ?

Thanks per advance

PS : you'll find in attachment the screen of my computer when it starts

A friend had the same problem, but this utillity helped her:

http://www.ice-kav.com/downloads/util/KAV_Registry_Clean.zip

It removes all traces of Kaspersky from the registry
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 06:04:27 PM »
What is your ISP (who provides your internet connection) ?
Do they provide any security software ?

What is your Firewall ?
Some have plug-ins/functions that include an anti-virus, this might be using the KAV scanning engine and that is what is being detected.

Do you happen to have Kaspersky's anti-hacker software ?
This too uses the same file name and may be incorrectly identified as KAV.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

lfp55

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:09:39 PM »
It's ok, I've found old traces of KAV files, and after removing all of it, I can launch Avast, so think you for all your advices!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:23:09 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.

Stick around and browse the forums, especially the sticky topics at the top of each of the forums, not to mention the avast help file. They provide a wealth of information to help you get the best from avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security