Author Topic: Date of last scan...  (Read 7603 times)

Rikis

Date of last scan...
« on: February 20, 2004, 11:39:05 PM »
Why, when I open simple user interface there I see that "date of last scan:  not done yet", though I done scan of all hard discs already... >:( What it means? What is wrong? ???

snevouk

Re:Date of last scan...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:43:45 PM »
It have come to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that it refers to the date of the last scan with the current virus database.

Since database updates every couple of days, the display generally tells you that scan has not been done apart from the day or two after you do one.

Rikis

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 11:51:32 PM »
but I did last scan AFTER last updating virus database... ???

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 01:29:27 AM »
My date of last scan is stuck on 01/01/04.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 02:30:11 AM »
It have come to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that it refers to the date of the last scan with the current virus database.

Since database updates every couple of days, the display generally tells you that scan has not been done apart from the day or two after you do one.

Snevouk, I may be wrong, but I think there is not a relationship between the two dates.
Rikis, a lot of previous forums discussed this. Maybe some of them help you:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2783;start=msg19726#msg19726
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2536;start=msg18476#msg18476
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2078;start=msg14283#msg14283
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1413;start=msg13242#msg13242
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=989;start=msg5573#msg5573
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 02:40:02 AM »
Thanks Technical.  I think my problem may be that I have two hard drives and I need to select 'all local disks'.  

UPDATE: After doing a quick scan on both C: and D: my Date of last scan is now currently correct.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 03:08:11 AM by Culpeper »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 02:56:57 AM »
Thanks Technical.  I think my problem may be that I have two hard drives and I need to select 'all local disks'.  

You're wellcome Culpeper... But, does Rikis solve his problem?  ::)

Rikis

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 03:37:46 AM »
Not yet... I'm lost with what I must to do ??? Have I scan with unchecked "scan inside archives" or reinstall, or something else... ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 03:44:12 AM »
Not yet... I'm lost with what I must to do ??? Have I scan with unchecked "scan inside archives" or reinstall, or something else... ???

I suggest:
1) scan inside archives / boot / start avast! to see...
if fails
2) uninstall / boot / install  ;)

Rikis

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 04:02:00 AM »
After quick scan without archives scanning date of last scan appeared, but VRDB not done yet... Is it long process and is it necessary to do? And what is it Win32:Loxar-B (it was found in previous scan with scan in archives enabled)?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 04:07:07 AM »
After quick scan without archives scanning date of last scan appeared, but VRDB not done yet... Is it long process and is it necessary to do? And what is it Win32:Loxar-B (it was found in previous scan with scan in archives enabled)?

Did you get rid from the virus? Chested? Delete the file?

About the VRDB, you can see the help file but I suggest you run it as soon you're sure that your system is clean. It will run again after 21 days (more details for the configuration, see here)  ;)

Rikis

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 04:15:10 AM »
Yes, I deleted them...but why in avast!virus chest window->system files I found three files: kernel32.dll, winsock.dll and wsock32.dll...Does it means they are infected?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 04:30:25 AM »
Yes, I deleted them...but why in avast!virus chest window->system files I found three files: kernel32.dll, winsock.dll and wsock32.dll...Does it means they are infected?

No, be calm. They are ok. They were there just for a backup and for 'restoring' if any time they were infected. This is done by VRDB (I suppose)  ;)