Author Topic: cannot load configuration  (Read 2828 times)

jghmml

cannot load configuration
« on: August 26, 2006, 02:14:49 AM »
I just downloaded and installed avast! 4.7 HomeEdition. I am running Windows XP Pro with my program directory in a separate partition. When trying to start avast I get the following error message: 'The system cannot open the device or file specified "avast! Splash Screen" cannot load configuration.'; then after clicking OK I get: 'The system cannot open the device or file specified "avast! Simple User Interface cannot load configuration.' I have tried to repair from add/remove programs as well as uninstalled and reinstalled.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: cannot load configuration
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 04:19:29 AM »
I am running Windows XP Pro with my program directory in a separate partition.
Can you post your 'full' avast setup folder? Where did you install avast?
Which avast version are you trying to install?

"avast! Splash Screen" cannot load configuration.'; then after clicking OK I get: 'The system cannot open the device or file specified "avast! Simple User Interface cannot load configuration.' I have tried to repair from add/remove programs as well as uninstalled and reinstalled.
Can you check your C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Data\avast4.ini file if the value Database=SQLT is on the section [Common].

Check your avast! services: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

I suppose you have to have four avast! services:

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe (avast! antivirus service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashUpdSv.exe (avast! Update Service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe (avast! Web Scanner service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe (avast! e-Mail Scanner service)

The two first of them should be Automatic loaded and the two last Manually loaded.
The best things in life are free.

Renna

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:26:50 PM »
Hello boys,

Please, I have this same problem, also having repaired, re-downloaded and re-installed the program. Avast4.ini file and Services configurations also OK, but the little red stop sign over the a-ball remains there, and nothing is working.

I have uninstalled avg to instal avast and so I'm now without protection. Please help!

Oh I'm running XP too.

Thank you...

Renna

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:48:07 AM »
Renna, you've posted twice the same... this just double the help effort...
Please, follow http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=28500.msg232786#msg232786
The best things in life are free.