Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 7372 times)

chrissy77

HELP!!!!!!!
« on: May 01, 2003, 12:46:51 AM »
I HAVE RESENTLY DOWNLOADED AVAST PROFESSIONAL ADITION ONTO MY COMPUTER  AND IT HAS FROZEN EVERYTHING. I CANNOT GET INTO ANY OF MY FILES OR PROGRAMS. HOW DO I FIX THIS? I HAVE EVEN TRIED TO DELETE IT FOR MY COMPUTER BUT IT  SAID I DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT PERMISSIONS.PLEASE HELP  HUBBY IS GETTING MAD AND IT MAKES IT HARD TO DO WORK AT HOME!!!!!!!! ??? ??? :'(

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 08:40:38 AM »
Do you have any AV programm running, like Norton? You can try to start into safe mode and uninstall or delete the Avast startupsettings by using  msconfig.
MfG Ralf

rlm

Re:HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 04:55:02 AM »
this seems VERY much like me own problem. I was using AVG (www.grisoft.com) and decided to try AVAST!. Sounds GREAT but quickly locked up my pc... dads pc.... as well as my work pc ! >:( >:( >:(  The only way to access any program I had to start in safe mode and uninstall AVAST! then reboot. I finnaly have control of all my pcs again. I had uninstalled AVG and ran registry cleaner to cleanup any entries(before installing AVAST!) that may have been left behind by AVG.

Strange thing about it all is AVAST! worked great for 30-40 min. then locked up solid. Reboots never helped...just locked up instantly. So I dont really know what is causing this problem. I have just re-installed the program again  ??? ( am I asking for trouble ????)Hopefully TECH SUPPORT will correct it soon...very soon.