Author Topic: Freezes with Definitions Update  (Read 26353 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Freezes with Definitions Update
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2004, 09:35:53 PM »
So, the question is: Is there anyone at this forum who is using other than english version of XP and avast with automatic update setting? Does it work?
-- Jeccu --

I know you have a problem but the answer to your question will be infinite...
I think there are tons of non-English users for whom avast! updates work perfectly. In Portuguese everything ok both for Windows XP Home and Professional.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline drahnier

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2004, 06:12:33 PM »
It did it again!

Todays virus definiton update freezes my girlfriends system (XP Pro German w/ avast!4 Home German) while my system (XP Pro English w/ avast!4 Home English) updated just fine.

I would really like to hear an official comment form a member of the avast! team on this behavior.

Offline kubecj

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2004, 12:57:06 AM »
Drahnier, please run command
ashbug /setuplog

Put some details in the window (for example this link), your username here and your mail address. Be sure you're running the last available program version.
Jindrich Kubec

Offline drahnier

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2004, 08:09:25 AM »
Drahnier, please run command
ashbug /setuplog

Put some details in the window (for example this link), your username here and your mail address. Be sure you're running the last available program version.

just did so - actually you will get this crash report three times because I couldn't figure out how to use newlines in the crash debug's dialog box ...

Additional notes:
- This freeze does not happen with all data base updates. But it happened with the last one and at least four previous updates.
- Whenever my girl fried showed me her freezed computer she had been working with Microsoft Word (Office 2002 Suite).