Author Topic: Freezes with Definitions Update  (Read 32047 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Freezes with Definitions Update
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2004, 09:35:53 PM »
So, the question is: Is there anyone at this forum who is using other than english version of XP and avast with automatic update setting? Does it work?
-- Jeccu --

I know you have a problem but the answer to your question will be infinite...
I think there are tons of non-English users for whom avast! updates work perfectly. In Portuguese everything ok both for Windows XP Home and Professional.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

drahnier

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2004, 06:12:33 PM »
It did it again!

Todays virus definiton update freezes my girlfriends system (XP Pro German w/ avast!4 Home German) while my system (XP Pro English w/ avast!4 Home English) updated just fine.

I would really like to hear an official comment form a member of the avast! team on this behavior.

kubecj

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2004, 12:57:06 AM »
Drahnier, please run command
ashbug /setuplog

Put some details in the window (for example this link), your username here and your mail address. Be sure you're running the last available program version.

drahnier

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2004, 08:09:25 AM »
Drahnier, please run command
ashbug /setuplog

Put some details in the window (for example this link), your username here and your mail address. Be sure you're running the last available program version.

just did so - actually you will get this crash report three times because I couldn't figure out how to use newlines in the crash debug's dialog box ...

Additional notes:
- This freeze does not happen with all data base updates. But it happened with the last one and at least four previous updates.
- Whenever my girl fried showed me her freezed computer she had been working with Microsoft Word (Office 2002 Suite).