Author Topic: How to remove White Stripe With Circles  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Jen47

How to remove White Stripe With Circles
« on: June 24, 2021, 03:15:43 AM »
I must have inadvertantly pressed something and now each time I start or wake up the phone I get a white stripe across the screen with 4 circles  in it: "Scan" "Check" "Clean" "Test". I don't like it - I used to get the small orange Avast symbol in the notification section on top. That would tell me to select it and see what the notification is. Now that these circles are there I don't have that orange symbol. Instead I have what I can only describe as a cross between a picture of a hand bell and a whisk broom.

If I turn off "notification" it goes away but the orange symbol doesn't come back and I have no notification at all.

Can someone suggest what I must have pressed and how to reverse it?

Thank you.

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
Re: How to remove White Stripe With Circles
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 01:05:37 PM »
Hi, check this setting:

Settings > Notifications & alerts > Realtime protection > Permanent notification > Default style

Offline Jen47

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 05:28:39 AM »
Thank you - but where is that Settings?  I can't find it. When I go to Avast and its drop down it does not have "settings"  as one of the dozen drop down choices. When I go to the Home Screen  Settings -> Notifications ->Apps Avast the only choices are Block and Show Silently.

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »
In Avast Mobile Security, click/tap the three horizontal lines on top left. Scroll down the list 'til you see Settings. It's toward the bottom of the list, second from the bottom.

Offline Jen47

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 03:57:39 PM »
Thank you Simion!  I didn't realize there were more items in the list that I had to scroll down to see. It's good now - stripe is gone.  :)

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »
You're very welcome, glad you got it sorted.  :)