Author Topic: help  (Read 4747 times)

carrie

help
« on: May 26, 2007, 03:48:31 AM »
i just downloaded avast home editon and now i cant access the internet..it doesnt even ask for permissiin..can anyone help

daronmiller

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 03:51:21 AM »
OK, Carrie, I'm a novice, but.... I like to believe that carma plays a role in life......so....

What do you mean you can't connect to the internet?

Daron

daronmiller

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 03:52:52 AM »
Sorry, i meant "asking for help"..."providing" help novice. I am fairly computer literate. So what is happening?

Daron

carrie

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 03:53:56 AM »
i just got a new computer..i had avast before and when i first downloaded it on my old computer it would ask if its ok to display this web p[age..i guess its called learning...well i doenloaded it on my new computer and i have to disable it to get on the internet. it just wont let me connect. its not even asking for permission...can you help im very frustrated

daronmiller

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 03:58:19 AM »
OK, I'm NOT an avast expert (as shown by my OWN post), but I am looking into avast options.....   (Experts, please help. OK. Laugh first....THEN help.)

:)

mauserme

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 04:43:12 AM »
The avast! web shield acts as a proxy in order to scan your internet traffic, so you need to allow C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe internet access in your firewall.

You will also want to allow C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe  and C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\avast.setup.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »
i just downloaded avast home editon and now i cant access the internet..it doesnt even ask for permissiin..can anyone help

Please don't post multiple topics (3) on the same problem it just causes duplication of effort and confusion for those helping, I answered one of your topics, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=28557.msg233336#msg233336, incorrectly posted in the avast 4 Server forum.

You are posting in the Server edition Forum of avast, your lucky I was inquisitive. Perhaps one of the Moderators will move it to The avast 4 Home/Pro forum.

What is your firewall ?
Does it allow ashWebSv.exe internet access ?
- If it does delete the entries for them and do a manual update and reconnect to the internet, this will force the firewall to ask permission again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security