Author Topic: Re: No anti-spam button in Outlook  (Read 7424 times)

Offline affy

Re: No anti-spam button in Outlook
« on: June 25, 2021, 02:53:32 AM »
Apparently Avast has removed the anti-spam button in Outlook with the justification that ISPs do a good job of filtering spam or at least that's what the Avast post said.

Who in their right mind there thinks ISPs do a good job of filtering spam?

This was the one justification for continuing to use Avast as the firewall function is resource intensive and not really needed given Windows has a decent software firewall.

My clients like Avast for that one reason as it was easy to mark spam or blacklist and it worked far better than the function built into Outlook which can only hold a limited number of entries.

No notice of the removal in advance either. I have upset clients who are now inundated with spam. What am I supposed to tell them?

It would also be nice if the captcha you use worked one hell of a lot better.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »
It would also be nice if the captcha you use worked one hell of a lot better.
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline affy

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 11:27:13 PM »
That's all well and good but what am I supposed to tell my clients?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 09:46:26 AM »
That's all well and good but what am I supposed to tell my clients?
Guess you would need to tell them that this feature is history now.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline affy

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 07:09:44 PM »
Well, given they couldn't or wouldn't even bother to give any notice of removing a useful feature, they're going to lose customers.

I've recommended Avast since 2005 but simply can't anymore. Ever since the merger/acquisition of AVG, it's become resource heavy just like AVG and just gone downhill.

Hate to say that as it was a very good AV.

Offline alts1953

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 05:50:43 PM »
The only reason I did not switch from avast in my business this spring, is that we liked the blacklist and whitelist buttons so I renewed a few months ago for two years. Employees are all upset!!!! Looks like there is no reason to stay with avast. Might as well just use windows defender. At least it is free. Will not re-up my Avast again, not even sure I am going to not ditch avast before my subscription is up!
Nice way to get customer reduction. If I ran my business by removing products without asking about my customers needs. I would go out of business soon. Guess we will have to back to outlooks' Junk button.
We have spam that was blocked by the avast feature and now we are seeing those emails get through. ISP email providers do a terrible: job of spam control, they are great at blocking emails I want!https://forum.avast.com/Smileys/default/sad.gif
Super Tech