Author Topic: My IBM isn't working...  (Read 8875 times)

ifihadonechance

My IBM isn't working...
« on: June 01, 2007, 11:41:59 AM »
Hi guys,

I don't think this have something to do with avast!. Actually it does.

I posted a topic not long ago about uninstalling avast!.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=28438.0

Well, I have a problem with my IBM.

Ever since I used the avast! Uninstall Utility, my computer restarted by itself, then a message poped up saying 'The system has recovered from a serious error.' I've noticed this happening more often now.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I think the reason why my computer is trying to load something is because of that trojan that is restarting my computer.  :o

When my computer is idle, my computer tries to load something. That's why each time I interupt it with my mouse, the computer restarts, does a disk check, recovers a 'chain', then work again.  ???

Hw do I know it's a trojan? Well I did a avast! Boot Scan and found a trojan in C:\Windows. I will ASAP tell you the name of it, the IBM is off.  :)

How can I fix this! I wanna do my homework on it! I wanna use flash!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: My IBM isn't working...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 02:37:26 PM »
Ever since I used the avast! Uninstall Utility, my computer restarted by itself, then a message poped up saying 'The system has recovered from a serious error.' I've noticed this happening more often now.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Sometimes, installing avast again restore any faulty condition, then uninstalling it again through Control Panel could correct the situation. Did you have any other antivirus installed right now?

I think the reason why my computer is trying to load something is because of that trojan that is restarting my computer. 
Hw do I know it's a trojan? Well I did a avast! Boot Scan and found a trojan in C:\Windows. I will ASAP tell you the name of it, the IBM is off.  :)
Did you try other antispyware and antitrojans tools?
The best things in life are free.

ifihadonechance

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »
Sometimes, installing avast again restore any faulty condition, then uninstalling it again through Control Panel could correct the situation. Did you have any other antivirus installed right now?

I reinstalled avast!. I'm keeping it on there for ever.
Unfortunatly It still happens, with avast!.

I think the reason why my computer is trying to load something is because of that trojan that is restarting my computer. 
Did you try other antispyware and antitrojans tools?
[/quote]

I also have Spyware Terminator.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:06:10 PM by -- Joshua -- »

ifihadonechance

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »
Here is the log file.

05/30/2007 16:08
Scan of all local drives
File C:\hiberfil.sys Error 0xC0000022 {Access Denied}
File C:\WINDOWS\Drivers\redaceSetup-dm.exe is infected by Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw], Repair: Error 42060 {The file was not repaired.}, Moved to chest
File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B8B0056E-FEAB-4B56-B9F4-7848E8058F98}\RP375\A0081720.exe is infected by Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw], Moved to chest

Number of searched folders: 5132
Number of tested files: 49437
Number of infected files: 2

ifihadonechance

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »
UPDATE

After I removed those files, everything is working like a charm!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
File C:\hiberfil.sys Error 0xC0000022 {Access Denied}
Disable the hibernation and the file should be deleted. If not, boot, and then delete it.
You can enable hibernation again, after that.

File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B8B0056E-FEAB-4B56-B9F4-7848E8058F98}\RP375\A0081720.exe is infected by Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw], Moved to chest
If you find a virus keeps coming back after you delete it, it's most probably infected the System Restore folder, the best way to solve this is to disable System Restore, reboot your machine and then enable it again. After all, run a full avast! scanning. System Restore cannot be disabled on Windows 9x and it's not available in Windows 2k. Windows attempts to protect files that are deleted from the system folders (just in case it was an accident), so they can be restored if required. The problem is many malware writers are wise to that and put their files in the system folders, this is also done to confuse you into thinking you could be deleting an important system file.

Enable/Disable System restore on Windows ME: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q264887
Enable/Disable System restore on Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405

1. Disable system restore
2. Do another scan and if your system is clean then
3. Re-enable system restore

Windows XP:
1. Right click on the 'My Computer' icon on the Windows desktop.
2. Click 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'System Restore'.
4. Place a tick in 'Turn off System Restore on all Drives'.
5. Click OK.
6. Close and RESTART your system.

Windows ME:
1. Right click on the 'My Computer' icon on the Windows desktop.
2. Click 'Properties'.
3. Click on 'Performance'.
4. Click 'File system'.
5. Click 'Troubleshooting'.
6. Check 'Disable system restore'.
7. Click on OK.
8. Close and RESTART your system.
The best things in life are free.

ifihadonechance

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:14:45 PM »
Thanks Tech for all of that information. :D