Author Topic: Restore quarentine file Avast Free  (Read 909 times)

Offline emma110

Restore quarentine file Avast Free
« on: June 30, 2021, 01:48:02 PM »
hi,
Avast Free Antivirus quarantined a file needed to run an application in Speech Software called Grid 3.  As I was opening the app, I saw a popup indicating that a specific file was being quarantined.  I tried to restore this file, but Avast would not let me.  I then uninstalled Avast, and then also ran the Avast removal tool - and my application still doesn't work.  I have tried reinstalling the software, but that specific function would not work.
Any advice?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Restore quarentine file Avast Free
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 03:23:25 PM »
Well, as you uninstalled the AV and the issue persists, I wonder how it can be related to Avast.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Restore quarentine file Avast Free
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 06:15:34 PM »
hi,
Avast Free Antivirus quarantined a file needed to run an application in Speech Software called Grid 3.  As I was opening the app, I saw a popup indicating that a specific file was being quarantined. 

I tried to restore this file, but Avast would not let me.  I then uninstalled Avast, and then also ran the Avast removal tool - and my application still doesn't work.  I have tried reinstalling the software, but that specific function would not work.
Any advice?

You really should have come here first before taking the nuclear option of uninstalling avast and then running avast clear removal tool.  In doing that all of the avast installation including folders and crucially the virus chest will be gone.  So there is now no possibility of recovery of the file.

At an earlier point it may just have been possible to recover the file in the virus chest.

As Asyn says, it is somewhat strange without Avast installed and a reinstallation of the Grid 3 software, it doesn't work.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security