Author Topic: AVAST TO LAUNCH NEW FREE ANTISPYWARE AND FREE ANTI ROOTKIT  (Read 2790 times)

gdiloren

AVAST TO LAUNCH NEW FREE ANTISPYWARE AND FREE ANTI ROOTKIT
« on: June 03, 2007, 11:24:54 PM »
 8) I went on CNET forums and learned Grisoft-AVG is offering new free antispyware and antirootkit softwares. When will AVAST launch their own apart from the antivirus software?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AVAST TO LAUNCH NEW FREE ANTISPYWARE AND FREE ANTI ROOTKIT
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 11:30:13 PM »
We are all waiting for antirootkit and antispyware features...
Anyway, right now, avast detects a lot of spywares but can't clean all of them and can't monitor spyware behavior (like in startup items, windows registry, etc.).

Oh, the new free antispyware and antirootkit softwares aren't resident (on-access), just on-demand.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 11:33:33 PM »
One thing for sure if and when it happens, the forums are where you will hear it first.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gdiloren

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:37:19 AM »
 :D Hey, I had to think about it reading the AVAST forum. It's much better if AVAST gathers and tries to concentrate all its energy in keeping AVAST HOME EDITION free edition the best antivirus on the net. I don't want you guys to disperse on other tasks and sleep on gas! I just found for exemple SPYWARETERMINATOR (free) on a post suggested by one of our members. One compant can't be good at everything and for us websurfers the important thing is that we find 100% secure (excellent) products and it doesn't matter if we find it in different companies. I'd say:"à chacun son métier!" (At each and everybody its own occupation, a doctor may be good as such but bad seller, etc..)
Thanks, and sorry for the bad suggestion! ???