Author Topic: How to disable scan at boot?  (Read 8112 times)

notme

How to disable scan at boot?
« on: February 22, 2004, 10:49:22 AM »
Have a Question, where in the settings do I stop scan at boot ?
 Currently using  home user 4.1.342 Jan 04. Thanx

Offline chameleon

Re:How to disable scan at boot?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 01:28:46 PM »
Hello.

Very simple.
Open up the Simple User Interface, right click, or go to menu, click on "schedule boot-time scan" and press cancel.

I hope that helps.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 01:42:33 PM »
What exactly is your problem, notme? Repeated boot-time scanning?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 03:30:57 PM »
You must 'schedule' a boot-scan and then 're-schedule' again. At the second time, a question asking for 'disabling' the first one will stop the boot-scan.

If it is a repeated boot scanning, then the problem will probably be at Windows Registry and I think Igor (or Vlk) will be able to help you.
The best things in life are free.

notme

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 06:46:53 PM »
Thank you for the help guys, Yes my prob is every time i re-boot avast does a scan ,no biggie, i can always hit the escape key.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 06:54:29 PM »
Hmm... there should be a workaround for this problem in build 342 >:(

Could you please start regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager, select the value BootExecute and export it to a file? If you could post the file as an attachment here, I would like to check what could be wrong there.

notme

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 12:58:14 AM »

Could you please start regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager, select the value BootExecute and export it to a file? If you could post the file as an attachment here, I would like to check what could be wrong there.

igor  file is to big to save as attachment,Ii did as suggested canceled boot scan but it scans on boot anyways?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 02:19:53 AM »

igor  file is to big to save as attachment,Ii did as suggested canceled boot scan but it scans on boot anyways?

notme, choose only the value specified by igor... The file couldn't be so big...
If you can't, why don't you edit the file (notepad) and delete the useless information for this thread, letting just the specific value BootExecute ?

Clicking 'ESC' each boot-time will be terrible annoying...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

notme

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 02:47:37 AM »
Hey igor try this attachment, open with notepad
  Thanks Technical for input

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 09:55:01 AM »
Thanks for the file!
Your BootExecute key is corrupted in a stranger way than I expected (technically, you don't have a double-null in the middle of the value, but rather a null at the very beginning). I'll update the workaround for this.

For you, I would recommend to clear the BootExecute value - keep only an emptry string there (4 nulls).

notme

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2004, 11:25:22 AM »
Thanks for the file!
Your BootExecute key is corrupted in a stranger way than I expected (technically, you don't have a double-null in the middle of the value, but rather a null at the very beginning). I'll update the workaround for this.

For you, I would recommend to clear the BootExecute value - keep only an emptry string there (4 nulls).

Thanks igor that did the trick = (4null)