Author Topic: Scans finish but show up as "was not complete" in scan history  (Read 2388 times)

Offline osly

Hi all,
I have done a boot-time scan and a few full virus scans in the past. All of them have completed fine, showing me the end screen with the results and such. However, in the Scan History section, all of them show as "was not complete."
Is it because I chose not to do all the Recommended options that Avast shows at the end? It's a huge list with a bunch of things that I'm not interested in. Not sure if this is the cause of my problem. It also asks me "are you sure?" or something similar to that when I choose to skip them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:51:30 AM by osly »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Scans finish but show up as "was not complete" in scan history
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 02:20:40 AM »
See this topic (link below) which is basically the same, though it isn't specifically related to the boot time, but would be present in all Scan History reports. As can also be seen in the Full Virus Scan in your image.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=287085.0

Is there any reason why you feel it necessary to run a boot time scan ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline wizzlbang

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 08:13:44 PM »
you guys don't think it's an issue that scans randomly can't complete, and it wont even tell you which files couldn't be scanned?

Offline osly

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 08:25:49 PM »
See this topic (link below) which is basically the same, though it isn't specifically related to the boot time, but would be present in all Scan History reports. As can also be seen in the Full Virus Scan in your image.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=287085.0

Is there any reason why you feel it necessary to run a boot time scan ?
It was just a one-time thing, I was more curious as to see what it did and if it would find anything. There really wasn't any major motive for it. Is it problematic to use a boot-time scan?

Offline osly

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 08:27:06 PM »
you guys don't think it's an issue that scans randomly can't complete, and it wont even tell you which files couldn't be scanned?
It's definitely strange why Avast can't just list the files that couldn't be scanned somewhere in the app. I don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 02:16:59 PM »
It's definitely strange why Avast can't just list the files that couldn't be scanned somewhere in the app. I don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet.
-> C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline osly

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 12:01:35 AM »
-> C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report
For some reason, logging wasn't enabled in the settings. It was at the very bottom of the list and after enabling it, I can see all the files that had errors while scanning. Thank you!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 10:15:38 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0