Author Topic: Annoying "Renew Early" popups  (Read 1600 times)

Offline loyolagrad

Annoying "Renew Early" popups
« on: July 02, 2021, 02:45:03 AM »
Hi,

Is there any way to stop these annoying "renew early" popups that I get 2-3 times per day? I unchecked the box under the Personal Privacy settings to "Share app-usage data with Avast so we may offer you upgrades or our other products" and the one below it regarding 3rd party products. I understand there is a way to turn on "silent mode" to stop popups, but it also apparently turns off all alerts. I don't want to turn off other alerts - just in case there is an actual problem I need to know about. Is there a way to just turn off the annoying popups?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Annoying "Renew Early" popups
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 08:15:14 AM »
Hi,

The upgrade offer cannot be disabled. This is being looked into. https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=284174
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Offline loyolagrad

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:27:00 PM »
Just wondering if Avast has any intention of updating its software to stop these popups. My subscription ends in about 30 days, and I am wondering if I need to find a different antivirus software provider. Part of the point of having this software was to prevent, among other things, popups - So if the popups won't stop, then my subscription will!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 05:18:18 PM »
Just wondering if Avast has any intention of updating its software to stop these popups. My subscription ends in about 30 days, and I am wondering if I need to find a different antivirus software provider. Part of the point of having this software was to prevent, among other things, popups - So if the popups won't stop, then my subscription will!

Hi,

Have you tried Silent mode? Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Antivirus-popup-notifications/

Offline loyolagrad

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 02:31:54 AM »
I want the program to be able to alert me if there is an issue. Silent mode will prevent that. I just want to stop the "renew early" popups. Is there no way to stop these popups without stopping the important alerts?