Author Topic: How to update new viruses in Avast! 4.7 home edition?  (Read 4519 times)

xiaochugang

How to update new viruses in Avast! 4.7 home edition?
« on: June 08, 2007, 08:18:04 AM »
 I have found some viruses that avast! can`t detected yet ,and I`d like  the avast own the  ability to detected this kind of viruse,what can I do ?
Could you please post some pictures to solve it for example?
Thank you very much! :)

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: How to update new viruses in Avast! 4.7 home edition?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
Hello :)

You can send the samples to virus[at]avast[dot]com - the samples must be in password protected archives, and also in the mail body you can include some additional info about the viruses ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

xiaochugang

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »
Hello :)

You can send the samples to virus[at]avast[dot]com - the samples must be in password protected archives, and also in the mail body you can include some additional info about the viruses ;)
sent the samples to viruses@avast.com ,and set the password as "virus" ,right?
Thank you ,my friend!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »
You can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest where it can do no harm and delete the file from its original location. You can scan within the User Files section periodically to see if it has been added to the VPS.

If you have any other samples:
You can send it from there (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). No need to zip and PW protect when the sample is sent from chest. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so any further action you take can remove that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

xiaochugang

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 02:56:57 PM »
You can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest where it can do no harm and delete the file from its original location. You can scan within the User Files section periodically to see if it has been added to the VPS.

If you have any other samples:
You can send it from there (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). No need to zip and PW protect when the sample is sent from chest. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so any further action you take can remove that.
If I use rar but not zip what will happen?
will the avast lab accept my sample?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 04:47:09 PM »
Samples can be accepted using any of the major archives, zip, rar or 7zip, provided the password is given in the body of the email there is no problem.

However, if you have a sample, like in the case of the one in your other topic, that can be in the chest without having to archive it and when you send samples from the chest, avast takes care of protection (the attachment is encrypted by avast), so you have nothing else to do other than add the file to the chest and send from the chest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

xiaochugang

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »
Samples can be accepted using any of the major archives, zip, rar or 7zip, provided the password is given in the body of the email there is no problem.

However, if you have a sample, like in the case of the one in your other topic, that can be in the chest without having to archive it and when you send samples from the chest, avast takes care of protection (the attachment is encrypted by avast), so you have nothing else to do other than add the file to the chest and send from the chest.
Thank you very much! :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 02:18:14 PM »
Your welcome.