1 (5.3%)
Wide Screen
2 (10.5%)
Red Circle
3 (15.8%)
Mac OS X
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Which avast! skin you like most?  (Read 7688 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Poll: Which avast! skin you like most?
« on: February 22, 2004, 03:19:23 PM »
Martin Novak (official Alwil Software) and S.Z.Craftec (Sasha) have design a lot of skins for avast! You have screenshots of them here: http://www.avast.com/i_kat_71.html

To help further development and help the authors, which skin you like most?

The other poll, for One of Sasha Zivanovic - Craftec's ones you can found here.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 03:25:51 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Poll: Which avast! skin you like most?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 03:55:29 AM »
I just gave my vote to Red Circle, 'cause I really think that this skin is best Martin's artwork till now...

Cheers !

notme

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 12:53:40 AM »
I use the one that comes as the defauult blue one , I guees thats my vote ,since that one is not in the poll?

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 01:39:27 AM »
Why should be there when it's default one ? Anyway, you have 1 original and 2 additional variations of that skin... (Glass Plate and Blue Panel 4.0).

This poll was made with just one intention... we are trying to find in what direction should we develop our future skins.  We want people to make some judgements regarding new additional skins. I think there are some good examples of "gamey" style-look-like skins, but also, some very professional and business oriented GUIs...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 01:45:23 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

shgoh

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 07:02:05 AM »
seems like very few interested voters... :-\

anyway...cheers to craftec...some skins are really nice... ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 11:57:03 AM »
shgoh, you're right !

People like to use your hard work, and they don't think about how hard could it be to make one skin like that and how much time it consumes... We didn't ask for compliments, we just wanted to start small poll, to see what are their opinions regarding skin design, so it would be much easier for us to decide what kind of skins we should design in the future... it looks like it's to hard and too much time consuming for them to spend just half of their precious minute to give a vote...

Remember, this is not competition between Martin and me... No way ! I RESPECT Martin like a God. He is the first and true avast! skin designer, period ! I am just additional skin designer and I just hope you guys like my work.

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 12:00:13 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 06:47:47 PM »
seems like very few interested voters... :-\

Why don't Alwil webmaster start a new board called 'Polls' and put all them togheter? There is a good example on Wilders' forum  ;)

The users cannot 'reach' or 'find' this forum in the middle of all other ones.
Remember, the objective of this poll is help the skin makers (it's not a competition)  8)
The best things in life are free.

Summoner Yuna

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 12:04:50 AM »
The users cannot 'reach' or 'find' this forum in the middle of all other ones.
could just be made sticky topics  :)

CoJo

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 02:12:37 AM »
shgoh, you're right !

People like to use your hard work, and they don't think about how hard could it be to make one skin like that and how much time it consumes... We didn't ask for compliments, we just wanted to start small poll, to see what are their opinions regarding skin design, so it would be much easier for us to decide what kind of skins we should design in the future... it looks like it's to hard and too much time consuming for them to spend just half of their precious minute to give a vote...

Remember, this is not competition between Martin and me... No way ! I RESPECT Martin like a God. He is the first and true avast! skin designer, period ! I am just additional skin designer and I just hope you guys like my work.

Cheers !

Sasha, I have to be honest here...
I didn't change from the default because I was having so much trouble with my computer that I was afraid to do anything to it!
Now that it is back home and working so much better, I can look around and see which one would be the easiest one for me to use...

Please accept my apology for not letting you know how good and creative your skins are...and for not saying thank you for your hard work.
And I owe the same thing to Martin and anyone else who did such hard work...

cojo