Author Topic: Avast Driver Updater question about drivers and compatibility  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Hansanderson

Hi all, happy 4th of July BTW. Anyways, I have a question about a couple of drivers from Avast Driver Updater which are being labeled as "out of date" (pictures below) anyways, before the free trial expired, I updated them, rebooted, however. it still said they were not updated, so I thought to myself whatever and carried on thinking it was just a bug, I was wrong. Next day, coincidentally when the trial ended, they were still out of date. So, that was a kicker. My next option to get these drivers was Microsoft, so I downloaded the two drivers off of Microsoft and tried to install them on my computer, only issue is I then get this error from Windows in the device manager (again, picture below). So, now I'm starting to wonder, are these two driver versions not compatible with my system? My system is an ASRock Z490 Taichi BTW (Z490 Intel chipset). So, I went to my mobos website and downloaded the driver; Intel Management Engine Interface #1 which also include the iCLS Client. I was able to install it, however the driver version is the same. (2040.100.0.1029 for Management Engine Interface #1) and (1.61.251.0 for iCLS Client) So, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Are the two driver versions ADU offering me not compatible with my system or am I doing something wrong? Thank you for reading and take care

Offline _Uli_

• Avast team
Re: Avast Driver Updater question about drivers and compatibility
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 02:56:23 PM »
Hi Hans, I'm sorry you're having problems with our software and sorry for my late answer!

Please start the file dulogcollector.exe which you can locate at C:\Program Files\AVAST\Driver Updater

Please enter your email-address, click on "Collect & Send Logs" and PM me. Thank you!

Best regards, Uli