Author Topic: About the on-access shield and the on-demand scan  (Read 3471 times)

xiao

About the on-access shield and the on-demand scan
« on: June 11, 2007, 04:27:07 PM »
Hi everyone,
i am a new chinese user, and i want to know that if the on-access shield and the on-demand scan has the same effect, which means that a virus detected by the shield can also be found by the on-demand scan? Or one found by the on-demand scan can be detected by the shield?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: About the on-access shield and the on-demand scan
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 05:39:17 PM »
They both use the same virus signatures and essentially the same scanning engine. So they should detect the same infected file, this does depend on the type of file, the scanner used, its sensitivity and its settings.

The standard shield and other shields are resident, on-access scans, they scan files before they are executed or downloaded, etc. to protect your system, the Web Shield and internet Mail providers (shields) scan content before it gets on to your system, if something is detected it can be dealt with before it gets on your system.

On-demand scans are initiated by the user and can be set to scan all of your hard disks or certain folders or files, you can also adjust the sensitivity and if it scans archive files, not normally scanned by the standard shield as they aren't an immediate risk, they need to be extracted and then run.

I suggest a browse of the avast help file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

xiao

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »
THX, i have got it. I didn't find the help file after installing avast!, maybe because i chose Chinese when installing, and now i have got the english version on the internet.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »
THX, i have got it. I didn't find the help file after installing avast!, maybe because i chose Chinese when installing, and now i have got the english version on the internet.
I'm not sure but I think the Chinese version of the help file is not available yet.
If you need help, feel free to ask here. This is a very living forum, you won't need to wait that much to receive your answer. Welcome to avast forums.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 02:21:06 PM »

No problem, glad I could help.
Welcome to the forums.

Stick around and browse the forums, especially the sticky topics at the top of each of the forums, not to mention the avast help file. They provide a wealth of information to help you get the best from avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security