Author Topic: 4.7 pro unattended scan setup  (Read 2862 times)

lany

4.7 pro unattended scan setup
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:33:50 PM »
I'm using Avast Pro 4.7. I can't seem to figure out how to setup an unattended scan in the enhanced interface. I'm not trying to schedule a scan, just run a background full scan with the default option to move infected files to the chest when found.

tia

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: 4.7 pro unattended scan setup
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:38:05 PM »
Choose the virus page of the tasks you're running and set the actions to be taken.
I suggest repair then move to chest then interactive action... but you can set whatever you want.
The best things in life are free.

lany

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »
Tnx for the reply but I'm still confused. If I nav to Avast EUI> tasks> scan: local disks> properties> virus  all the virus action buttons are grayed out and the choose action menu just lists available buttons. Would you me mind giving me a simple step-thru on how to setup a scan with the unattended option of repair/move to chest.

tnx again

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »
That's because there already is an action specified ("choose action"). So, either remove it (click "Remove last word"), or append an operator ("And", "If failed").
Also, it might be a good idea to create a copy of the "Scan: local disks" task and not edit the default task directly (you cannot change all possible properties of a default task).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 11:01:35 PM »
Lany, do you need more help or Igor's explanation is enough?
The best things in life are free.

lany

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 01:56:56 AM »
no I got it working  tnx again