Author Topic: why can't i use the qq to login in  (Read 17480 times)

mpokky

why can't i use the qq to login in
« on: June 14, 2007, 05:09:37 AM »
i have tried the method provided by avast,i have update the antivirus lib to be the newest,add the qq installation path to the program configuration 'except',and add loginctrl.dll to advanced.till now i still can't use qq to login in.

after i input username and password to the textbox and login.On the right bottom of screen,the qq icon is still grey,then it is gone and closed.

i can't use qq,pls help me,thanx.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: why can't i use the qq to login in
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »
Which program is qq?
Do you use any firewall with privacy protection?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
If my googling is right it is an Instant Messaging application, Tencent QQ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QQ
Tencent QQ, generally referred to as QQ, is the most popular free instant messaging computer program in Asia, and the world’s third most popular IM service [1]. It's users are mainly in China. The program is maintained by Tencent Holdings Limited (HKSE: 0700), owned in part by Naspers.[2] Since its entrance into Chinese households QQ quickly emerged as a modern cultural phenomenon, now being portrayed in popular culture. Aside from the chat program, QQ has also developed many subfeatures including games, pets, ringtone downloads, etc.

If correct and QQ is an Instant Messaging it isn't a supported IM Application in the avast Instant Messaging provider.

I assume that by your attempts to exclude some qq files or folder, that avast is alerting on some files used by QQ, is this correct ?

If so, What is the malware name, the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (malware name, C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections.

If you are trying to exclude files in the avast Program Settings, Exclusions and the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add - what is the path you are entering ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 01:04:46 AM »
If David's assumptions are right, I can't understand this...

now i still can't use qq to login in.

Why shouldn't the user able to login in an IM program that is not even protected by avast? ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:51:32 AM »
Unless as I suggested avast is alerting on one of qq's files ("add the qq installation path to the program configuration 'except',and add loginctrl.dll to advanced."), but I guess we will have to wait for some feed back from mpokky.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mpokky

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 02:40:55 AM »
DavidR,you are right,qq is an IM software developed by chinese.i use the green version.what is green version.the green version software is that i can use it directly without installation.

avast didn't report any file was virus,when i use the qq green version.but i inputed the username and password ,then click 'login' button,i can not login in,the qq is closed.

but when i use the installation version,qq can be logined in.

why?

i have used other antivirus softwares,these situations are never found.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 02:58:50 AM »
i have used other antivirus softwares
Right now, are you using other antivirus besides avast or, on contrary, you've uninstalled all other antivirus and stayed only with avast?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 03:09:59 AM »
DavidR,you are right,qq is an IM software developed by chinese.i use the green version.what is green version.the green version software is that i can use it directly without installation.

avast didn't report any file was virus,when i use the qq green version.but i inputed the username and password ,then click 'login' button,i can not login in,the qq is closed.

but when i use the installation version,qq can be logined in.

why?

i have used other antivirus softwares,these situations are never found.

First avast doesn't block, it scans an alerts to infection, it isn't a firewall and that is often the reason for any blocking. So the exclusions will have no effect as the file isn't being detected as infected.

What is your firewall ?
If it has any privacy settings, that may be somehow conflicting with the Web Shield provider.

What happens if you Terminate the Web Shield provider before you logon ?
If you are able to logon it could be an indication of the above type of conflict.

I can't understand why there would be any difference between the different versions of QQ avast shouldn't care less what version it is and should act the same.

mpokky

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 11:13:50 AM »
i have changed the antivirus software to use avast recently.what i wanna say is that it has not this situation when i used the other antivirus software ago.Now i am only using avast,not using the other software like this.

there is a few difference between the green version and installation version,they are not the same as the difference between 4.7 and 4.6.

when you use the green version,you just compress the rar file to the harddisk,then run the main file,you can use this software.To use this kind version of software,you don't need to run setup.exe to install the software

when you use the installation version,you must run the setup.exe file, install the software,after that you just can use this software

DFXBB

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 11:30:59 AM »
mpokky, "green version" is not an official release, it is modified by someone else, there may be some bugs or even malicious content in those programs. I suggest you use the one you downloaded from the official website.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 01:59:32 PM »
i have changed the antivirus software to use avast recently.what i wanna say is that it has not this situation when i used the other antivirus software ago.Now i am only using avast,not using the other software like this.
Which was your old antivirus? Norton? McAfee?
Bad uninstallation of antivirus could due to avast malfunction.

mpokky

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »
mpokky, "green version" is not an official release, it is modified by someone else, there may be some bugs or even malicious content in those programs. I suggest you use the one you downloaded from the official website.

but when i used the other antivirus,the green version qq does work.

oppositely,when i used avast,the green version doesn't work.

ycool

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »
 I suggest you use the one you downloaded from the official website.  im.qq.com
install coral QQ  avast find virus(avast is genetic detection)    
ke yi zhe yang she zhi  
shuo ying yu tai chi li le  hai shi da pin yin ni ying gai shi zhong guo de ba

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
when i used the other antivirus,the green version qq does work.
Which one is this antivirus? ???

mpokky

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »
when i used the other antivirus,the green version qq does work.
Which one is this antivirus? ???

first of all,AVG,i had tried to use karparsky