Author Topic: SOMEONE HELP PLEASE  (Read 5353 times)

urit242

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE
« on: February 22, 2004, 09:24:08 PM »
When i do scan it fills up my hd I have a 30 gig drive and when i started the scan i had 2 gigs free space and through the scan it started sayin low disk space and i had to quit and there is about 3 mb of space on the hd what do i do

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:SOMEONE HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 09:31:13 PM »
Hi and welcome, urit,

Do you have the option to scan "archives" (compressed files) turned on?  My first guess is that you do -- try turning that option off.

When avast scans archives, it needs to uncompress them to "see them" better, and of course will require additional disk space temporarily for this.  They may be some totally different reason for your problem, but if you're fairly tight on disk space to start with then I'd bet the archive-scanning is at least partly where your problem is.

More experienced tech help will be along shortly, I'm sure -- but that'll at least give you one place to look.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

urit242

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 09:35:52 PM »
even when i stop the scan the disk space is still taken up thats the only thing that throwing me off does it need to complete a whole scan from start to finish to get rid of the temp files

stevejrc

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 11:25:39 PM »
I've sometimes had files left in the temp** folder after stopping a scan. I just deleted them (to recylce bin first incase, I didnt know their just copies for scanning). But it doesnt leave any if I complete the scan, which is best anyway, just leave it running when you have dinner   ;)

**the temp folder in c:\documents and settings...... not in winnt (windows) !

« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 11:36:00 PM by stevejrc »

urit242

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 12:12:35 AM »
nope i did another scan not archived and let it finish but noting now its even more full! and i checked that temp direct and thetre is nothing in it

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 02:33:04 AM »
Urit, wellcome to forums. Mike's suggestion was very good. Unfortunatelly, your system did not react  :'(

Why don't you make a full clean (see the section Cleaning & Tunning Tools of this forum. There you will find some 'cleaning' applications. I suggest, BeClean.

If that directory was empty (C:\Documents and Settings\username\Configurações locais\Temp) try empting the others (C:\WINDOWS\Temp\_avast4_ or something like that).  :-\
The best things in life are free.

urit242

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 04:55:20 AM »
THANK YOU IT WORKED

it freed up 8 gigs
lol

i couldnt find any of those directors you said though but the clean thing worked
i feel hella stupid that i couldnt get it but thanks

Datagg

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 05:38:28 AM »
Dont feel stuiped for asking questions, hell ive asked enought dumb ones my self, but the point is that we all are here to help each other, thats what makes this forum so great....