Author Topic: Problem with poker software  (Read 2363 times)

Zaros

Problem with poker software
« on: June 18, 2007, 07:48:41 PM »
It seems that Avast treats my cdpoker client as a virus. First the client got deleted and when I try to download it again I get the notification that adware was found and that it will abort connection.

Am I the only one who have this problem, and could anyone help me to try to get past this problem?

Regards Peder

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Problem with poker software
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:20:24 PM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner I feel virustotal is the better option as it uses the windows version of avast (more packers supported) and there are currently 32 different scanners.
Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. Whichever scanner you use, you can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists (Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add and Program Settings, Exclusions) and Restore it to its original location, periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the Standard Shield and Program Settings, exclusions.

Also see False Positives, how to report it to avast! and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security