Author Topic: Problems with a virus  (Read 31092 times)

mauserme

Re: Problems with a virus
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
Just to play it safe, open OTMoveIt again and copy this path into the list of files/folders to be moved

C:\W

Click the red Moveit button and paste the results in your next respsonse.

chinhis13

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:08 AM »
Just to play it safe, open OTMoveIt again and copy this path into the list of files/folders to be moved

C:\W

Click the red Moveit button and paste the results in your next respsonse.

File/Folder C:\W not found.

Created on 06/27/2007 14:04:58

mauserme

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2007, 01:30:54 PM »
Good - we're done.

Open OTMoveIt again and click the Clean Up button.  If your firewall warns you that OTMoveIt is trying to connect to the internet allow the connection.  Then when asked if you want to proceed with the cleanup, press Yes.  This will remove the tools we downloaded and the malware backups.

Next, we will remove old possibly infected restore points and create a clean restore point:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.  Fill the radio button to Create a Restore Point and click Next.  Give the new restore point a name you will recognize if you need to find it (like Clean Point) and click Create.

Now, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.  Now click the More Options tab, then click Clean Up in the System Restore section and OK.

Keep SuperAntiSpyware and AVG Antispyware on your computer and scan with them from time to time.  This will help keep you clean.  Spyware Blaster is also a good, passive defense against malware

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

This is a good time to install it while the computer is clean.

chinhis13

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »
Good - we're done.

Open OTMoveIt again and click the Clean Up button.  If your firewall warns you that OTMoveIt is trying to connect to the internet allow the connection.  Then when asked if you want to proceed with the cleanup, press Yes.  This will remove the tools we downloaded and the malware backups.

Next, we will remove old possibly infected restore points and create a clean restore point:

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.  Fill the radio button to Create a Restore Point and click Next.  Give the new restore point a name you will recognize if you need to find it (like Clean Point) and click Create.

Now, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.  Now click the More Options tab, then click Clean Up in the System Restore section and OK.

Keep SuperAntiSpyware and AVG Antispyware on your computer and scan with them from time to time.  This will help keep you clean.  Spyware Blaster is also a good, passive defense against malware

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

This is a good time to install it while the computer is clean.

Big thanks to mauserme.
Which will be better to use? I am using Spyware Terminator.
If I download spywareblaster, would it affect?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »
SpywareBlaster is passive so it won't conflict with either avast or SpywareTerminator (ST) or SuperAntiSpyware (SAS) or AVG-AS.

The only consideration is not to have two resident anti-spyware applications installed at the same time. AVG-AS is resident during your 30 trial period, but reverts to on-demand (or can be set to on-demand to avoid conflict). SAS free I believe is on-demand only so it shouldn't be a problem with ST.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

chinhis13

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2007, 09:01:59 PM »
SpywareBlaster is passive so it won't conflict with either avast or SpywareTerminator (ST) or SuperAntiSpyware (SAS) or AVG-AS.

The only consideration is not to have two resident anti-spyware applications installed at the same time. AVG-AS is resident during your 30 trial period, but reverts to on-demand (or can be set to on-demand to avoid conflict). SAS free I believe is on-demand only so it shouldn't be a problem with ST.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:58:41 PM by chinhis13 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2007, 10:10:17 PM »
Your welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mauserme

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 02:08:46 PM »
You're welcome, too, chinhis13  :)

David explained the antispyware part better than I could have ...