Author Topic: Avast Premium does not scan at the scheduled weekly time  (Read 1303 times)

Offline sfk0615

Avast Premium does not scan at the scheduled weekly time
« on: July 10, 2021, 04:18:36 AM »
I have Avast premium on the desktop computers on my home network.  I have my wife's computer and mine set up to do a full system scan every Friday evening at 7:00 PM and then shut down.  Hers scans at that time every Friday and then shuts down.  Mine never scans on Friday evening, but it does scan at some point during the day on Saturday -- the time varies throughout the day and it sometimes starts while I'm sitting at my computer using it.  When the scan finishes it shuts down the computer even if I'm working on something else.

I've compared the settings of the two computers for this weekly scan and they appear identical.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I may need to do to correct this issue?

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: Avast Premium does not scan at the scheduled weekly time
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 04:07:15 PM »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Premium does not scan at the scheduled weekly time
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 04:04:35 PM »
I have Avast premium on the desktop computers on my home network.  I have my wife's computer and mine set up to do a full system scan every Friday evening at 7:00 PM and then shut down.  Hers scans at that time every Friday and then shuts down.  Mine never scans on Friday evening, but it does scan at some point during the day on Saturday -- the time varies throughout the day and it sometimes starts while I'm sitting at my computer using it.  When the scan finishes it shuts down the computer even if I'm working on something else.

I've compared the settings of the two computers for this weekly scan and they appear identical.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I may need to do to correct this issue?

Hi,

Could you perhaps provide us with a support file for both of these devices, please?
Please post the file ID here.
To generate the support file, please see this link.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file