Author Topic: Verbal announcement that virus data base has been updated.  (Read 13465 times)

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Verbal announcement that virus data base has been updated.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 11:43:28 PM »
But, I did find sound controls within the Avast program and lowered those levels

Where did you find those controls?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Carol 7

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 12:00:01 AM »
I right-clicked on the Avast icon in my tray.  Went into program settings.  Then Sounds, then Settings, then the Audio tab, then Volume, and it brought up a window with a lot of control levers and I just moved all of them down to a medium range.  I also went into the Volume tab and lowered that level.

Maybe I mistunderstood the whole thing, but we'll see what happens the next time it updates.
Carol

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 01:00:39 AM »
If this is what you adjusted, it will adjust all the volumes used by the respective devices, not just Avast's.
As you say, see how you go. (It's Windows built in sound manager, not specific to the Avast program.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Carol 7

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 01:25:36 AM »
It looks the same, but why is it inside the Avast program, through the Avast icon?

By the way, the settings I adjusted to are very close to the ones in your example except my Balance lever is a little lower than yours, so I guess it won't be too bad, even if it does adjust everything.
Carol

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 02:09:27 AM »
I think it is just calling the normal audio controls.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »
why is it inside the Avast program, through the Avast icon?
It's called from there, it does not belong to avast. avast invoke that Windows tool.
The best things in life are free.

Carol 7

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 03:19:44 PM »
I didn't hear the announcement of update from Avast this morning, so I don't know if I didn't actually get that turned back on, or if I lowered the volume too much.  Although, all other sounds in Windows seem fine.
I think I'll have to check the announcement again and turn the sliding window back on just so I know when it's announcing, and go from there, I guess. 
Carol

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 05:43:30 PM »
I think I'll have to check the announcement again and turn the sliding window back
I don't think it is a 'permanent' announcement. It's just a sliding panel, comes and goes... but I'm not sure.

Carol 7

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 05:52:09 PM »
Yes, it's just a sliding panel that comes up and stays up a minute or so, then goes back down, but I turned it off yesterday.  Now I need to turn it back on, so I know when it has updated and there should be a verbal announcement, in order to see if the audio part is fixed and lower in volume.  I'm getting nothing now, and there should have been an announcement when I rebooted this morning, as there usually is.
Carol

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 07:56:52 PM »
Now I need to turn it back on
So, just do it 8)

I'm getting nothing now, and there should have been an announcement when I rebooted this morning, as there usually is.
Carol, VPS 751-5 was released today (24th of June), but, I'll wait some days more to take a conclusion... maybe you're computer 'before' rebooting this morning... just that.

Carol 7

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »
It's operating again, but just as loud as ever.

Thanks everyone.  I'll figure it out.
Carol