Author Topic: firewall  (Read 1853 times)

Offline chrisbzeno

firewall
« on: July 11, 2021, 08:35:11 PM »
avast firewall blocks my wifi extension booster. how do I get the firewall to allow it?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: firewall
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 08:46:03 PM »
Is your Firewall Profile set to 'Private Network'?

Offline chrisbzeno

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 11:01:05 PM »
Yes

Offline chrisbzeno

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 11:15:03 PM »
Ii's on the list but has a red x through a funny looking symbol in stead of the usual WiFi symbol

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 03:12:33 PM »
Ii's on the list but has a red x through a funny looking symbol in stead of the usual WiFi symbol

Hi,

Can you attach a screenshot of it, please?
Is this your first time using your wifi extension booster with Avast?
If it worked in the past then perhaps a restart of your device might help.

Offline chrisbzeno

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 09:31:21 PM »
Thanks for responding with your help. I'm new at this avast forum site. I've had avast for years and have been using the booster along time. Haven't ever had this problem. Seems like whenever windows updates something gets screwed up. I'll try restarting again. I tried sending the screen shot and it said it was to big

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 10:47:50 PM »
Thanks for responding with your help. I'm new at this avast forum site. I've had avast for years and have been using the booster along time. Haven't ever had this problem. Seems like whenever windows updates something gets screwed up. I'll try restarting again. I tried sending the screen shot and it said it was to big

Try cropping the screenshot to only include the Avast Firewall User Interface window.

The jpg image format may be smaller than the .png image format, but you should be able to reduce the resolution in both formats without loosing much detail.  My screen capture tool allows for reduction in bit rate (file size).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline chrisbzeno

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 12:15:42 AM »
Crazy, this morning it was working just fine? I don't know how it fixed it self. guess I'll run with it