Author Topic: password anti-theft  (Read 3981 times)

Offline PAD86

password anti-theft
« on: July 13, 2021, 06:57:53 PM »
Hello,
1) if I set the password for the anti-theft, will I be asked before the phone starts (before the SIM password)?
2) do I have to type the password also to unlock the screen?
3) the thief has the possibility through the drop-down menu to disconnect the phone or turn it off without typing the password(from the phone on)?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: password anti-theft
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »
Hello,
1) if I set the password for the anti-theft, will I be asked before the phone starts (before the SIM password)?
2) do I have to type the password also to unlock the screen?
3) the thief has the possibility through the drop-down menu to disconnect the phone or turn it off without typing the password(from the phone on)?

Hello,

In response to your questions.

1.No. Anti-Theft as an app has to wait for the system to start.
2.No. The password is there only if Anti-Theft is activated.
3.The thief should not be able to get into the settings. It is possible to turn the phone off via the power button, but this is hardware related and cannot be prevented.

Offline PAD86

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 09:53:01 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

1) once the thief has turned off the phone, will they be prompted for a password to unlock the screen when they turn it back on?

2) if the thief tries to change the sim, the phone gets blocked right?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 10:16:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

1) once the thief has turned off the phone, will they be prompted for a password to unlock the screen when they turn it back on?

2) if the thief tries to change the sim, the phone gets blocked right?

Hi,

1. Yes, Anti-Theft will lock the phone
2. No, this feature was removed due to changes implemented by Google

Offline PAD86

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 10:56:35 AM »
i installed anti-theft. it doesn't work, I can unlock the screen without being asked for anything, also I can disable the connection from the drop-down menu. I state that I already have a pin set by the phone to unlock the screen, and that without entering it I can disable the connection.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 10:25:30 AM »
i installed anti-theft. it doesn't work, I can unlock the screen without being asked for anything, also I can disable the connection from the drop-down menu. I state that I already have a pin set by the phone to unlock the screen, and that without entering it I can disable the connection.

Hi,

This issue seems to be specific to your device as I was unable to reproduce it. Could you please create a ticket with us so that we can investigate it further?

In Avast Mobile Security please go to > Menu > Help&Feedback > "Avast direct support"

Offline Paul1254

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 11:52:17 PM »
I have a Samsung S20 and initiated Anti Theft feature and used password to protect phone. Now opening screen continually demands for that password where Anti Theft is on or not. I tried to go in and shut it off, delete, or change and cannot find it. I am so desperate that I deleted the app, but the password is requested each time I open phone. How can I change/remove this? Thanks for your help with this.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 04:37:28 PM »
I have a Samsung S20 and initiated Anti Theft feature and used password to protect phone. Now opening screen continually demands for that password where Anti Theft is on or not. I tried to go in and shut it off, delete, or change and cannot find it. I am so desperate that I deleted the app, but the password is requested each time I open phone. How can I change/remove this? Thanks for your help with this.

Hi,

If you have deleted the app and you are still receiving this message, then it is not Avast Mobile Security causing it. I would suggest that you go to your device's settings and look for "lock screen" or something similar if possible.