Author Topic: Memory scan detected Trojan Horse  (Read 10333 times)

mauserme

Re: Memory scan detected Trojan Horse
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 05:34:23 AM »
Bonjour mon ami Aria.

I have had the same problem with AVG Antispyware.  Re-installing it will probably fix the problem but, if it doesn't, you could try SuperAntiSpyware instead

http://www.superantispyware.com/

You really should do one of these scans ...

Aria1206

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 07:17:21 AM »
Bonjour mon ami Aria.

I have had the same problem with AVG Antispyware.  Re-installing it will probably fix the problem but, if it doesn't, you could try SuperAntiSpyware instead

http://www.superantispyware.com/

You really should do one of these scans ...

I am d/l your suggestion.  It is after midnight here and my eyelashes hurt from all I've done!

I like being back to five days ago.  I feel safer.  If things go bump then I will worry about it.  Until then I shall be Scarlett O'Hara and concern myself later.

A tout à l'heure......écritez, s'il vous plait.....
Aria

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 02:20:58 PM »
All I see when I hit Ctrl Alt Del is:  Applications; Processes; Performance; Networking; Users.  I clicked and alphabetized it.  Nothing said "FILE NAME: Process386". 

I am using dialup here and everything is painfully (in more ways than one) slow for me.  I will attempt the download but have no idea what "safe mode" is much less how to run anything in it.

I am terribly weary, but thanks so much for help thus far.

Aria :P
As you will see from the image I have clicked the Processes Tab, whilst there might not be a File Name called Process386, I was asking you to check if there was a Process Identity number (PID) entry for 386, if that was there then to the left of that in the Image Name (I hate the column naming too) for the associated process/file.

However, since this is so long after the fact and you have used system restore to go back 5 days, that is a lost cause.

You aren't the only one on dial-up, that is my means of connection and one thing you learn from dial-up is patience ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Aria1206

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »
David R

Just wanted you to know the d/l of Super antispyware worked beautifully and I think the program is grand!  It has taken a tiny bit of tweaking but I believe I will really enjoy it.  I have run several scans and it found nothing, nada, zero, zip on my machine.  I would assume that is good???

Thanks for the info!   :D

A bientôt, mon ami.....
Aria

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 07:24:55 PM »
Yes that is good.
I would also try what mauserme suggested when you are refreshed and raring to go ;D

Try to reinstall avg-as and see if that installs this time round. I second opinion (scan) never hurts, and the avg-as gives resident protection for 30 days and then reverts to and on-demand scanner, so there should be no conflict with either avast or superantispyware.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security