Author Topic: What is the main difference between Avast Pro and home  (Read 3970 times)

carioca

What is the main difference between Avast Pro and home
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:44:21 PM »
What is the main difference between Avast Pro and home in a few words? Best Regards.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: What is the main difference between Avast Pro and home
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 02:51:54 PM »
1. avast! Home can only be used in home non-profit environment, i.e. not in companies (for example).
2. avast! Professional offers advanced configurability (automatic actions, scheduled scans, ...).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:09:10 PM »
Here are a few words, avast! Home V Avast Pro differences http://www.avast.com/eng/av4_version_comp.html.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

philly12

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:04:08 PM »
looking over the feature list, it appears that the only PROTECTION difference is that the pro prevents scripting from harming your computer while the home version doesn't.  All the rest of the scan and protection features seem the same.  Beyond this, it looks like the pro version offers a few extra features for convenience but not additional protection.  Is this true admins or is there more of a difference between the two that the comparison page leaves out??  I'm just curious  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:53:43 PM »
The scan engine is the same as are the signatures the script blocking for some is a feature they want/need.

The different Enhanced interface and the fact you can schedule scan (none on home) at a time that is convenient to the user and you can apply actions on the scan that aren't available and don't require interactive action from the user.

The same automated actions can be done for the resident on-access scanner so again the user  can detail the actions to process automatically.

For many that is what they want, not to mention those who don't qualify for the non-commercial and home use requirements have to use the pro version.

A lot depends on your requirements/needs if you feel you don't need these and you qualify for the home version then you have an excellent AV. There are many AVs that have free versions that are greatly restricted (like no on-access, resident protection) or in some way crippled to persuade users to upgrade. Thankfully avast haven't gone down that path, with the exception of the script blocker, and the home/free version is restricted to interactive input requirement.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Pk77

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 12:47:54 AM »
Try it, it's 60 days free, i have 2 pro license, a very flexible antivirus at the right prize (30 euro for an year)

You'll have also push updates ;)