Author Topic: disc scan / message  (Read 1673 times)

william63

disc scan / message
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:43:10 AM »
Hello everybody!

I use Avast for one year, but I am a newbie on the forum, so excuse me for my "newbie" question  ;D

I usually scan my whole computer during the night, so I can use my computer on day without being annoyed be lagging.

But when Avast detect a virus, he shows me a message "warning, a virus has been detected..." and then he stop scanning and wait for my answer. But as I scan my computer during the night, I only see that message on the morning, and the scan is not completed...

My question is : is it possible to configure Avast, for it to continue scanning the computer, even if he find a virus and show me a alert message?

Thank you!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: disc scan / message
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:58:53 AM »
These automated options are only available in the Pro version. This is a limitation of the Home (free) version that it has interactive input requirement, there have to be differences in the Home/Pro version and this is one of them, the programmers have to eat ;D

In the Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" when the first virus warning appears, select the "No action" button. This way, no action will be taken and you will given the results at the end of the scan (and you can perform actions from there). Over time this will become less of an issue, as the resident, on-access scanners are designed to intercept infection before it gets into your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security