Author Topic: [Solved] Win32.Bagle not detected by avast  (Read 49512 times)

sasin44

Re: Win32.Bagle not detected by avast (yet)
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2007, 01:12:43 AM »
well  it does not detect my root kit yet..nor the rpcc.dll infection..
one of the main reasons i switched to avast is that it is free..there are very limited to nill online payment options the banks in our country..
and the other problem is i did so much publicity for avast..and i talked very one into switching to avast from norton which they got a licensed version from the mother board cd ..
most of the comps i look afrter dont have internet so i used to download the update on a weekly basis and give it to them on a flash drive.. now i feel so embarrsed that most of the malware that is spreadind is thru my pendrive >:( >:( >:(

gee now every one i know is switching to bit defender .and i am considring it as a option also...

here are the stats..
i used to give updated to around 21 comps ...plus there were another 6 who switched to avast and had net...
21+6=27    (this was around two months ago)

after a recent infection of rpcc.dll,rootkits,a whole array of usb worms,all kinds of file infectors
i give the updates to jus 2 people...
the irony is one of my friends[a ex avast user with net] calls me and says that i should switch to bit defender..and he has got a beautifully working cracked version >:( >:( >:(
avast is losing followers very quickly
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:19:54 AM by sasin44 »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2007, 01:29:30 AM »
The worst part is that avast! (Alwil) isn't paying any attention to this.
I'm wondering if this forum is even being monitored any more ???

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2007, 02:55:55 AM »
The worst part is that avast! (Alwil) isn't paying any attention to this.
I'm wondering if this forum is even being monitored any more ???
I thought they would pay attention to me... maybe I'm dreaming...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2007, 02:56:51 AM »
I have tried to draw attention to this but it has generated zero response. Perhaps we should create a new topic with the subject title - Attention Alwil Staff - Text - We are concerned about the lack of response to samples submitted to avast, but more so about the fact that many samples submitted haven't been included in VPS updates weeks later.

Those active in this and a couple of long outstanding virus submissions topics can add their comments. This should however, not be a rant but simply agreeing that something has to be done about these very long delays and at lease have a way to draw attention to those submissions long overdue action.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sasin44

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2007, 03:10:08 AM »
i have a excellent idea i have noticed the whenever the topis reads
"not a virus"
"false positive"
"false detection" or some thing similar

that the moderator pavel reads them and replies to them..
so why not name the topic like that..
in fract i joined my forum when i had my first malware that avast does not detect ..
VBS:SOLOW
i came this forum and sent a sample to avast.. thru my e mail..
that time a virus analyist from avast replied to resend the sample cos there was some error in the extraction process and it was detected 3 days later..
now even i send all my samples to avast as well that staff member with out any response wat so ever..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2007, 03:20:25 AM »
Perhaps we should create a new topic with the subject title - Attention Alwil Staff - Text - We are concerned about the lack of response to samples submitted to avast, but more so about the fact that many samples submitted haven't been included in VPS updates weeks later.
I'm not a newbie in this forum. It's not a privilege or a privileged treatment, but they could just remember, from time to time, we deserve a little bit more... I don't need to open a new thread. I'm upset. Seems there are other old members that are feeling the same.

sasin44

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2007, 11:42:29 AM »
take a look at the pics...i wonder
well ............................................... :-X :-X :-X

draw ur own conclusions..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:44:06 AM by sasin44 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »
We can comment and whine as much as we like in a topic where the title isn't likely to draw any attention, this topic has been going 8 days and no response.

The submission aren't drawing any attention I have two that I have sent from the chest a number of times one dates from 27/01/2007 and it still isn't detected. This originated from a forum topic.

I have even submitted them a number of times to VirusTotal in the misguided hope that undetected malware will be forwarded to avast. If the purpose of having avast on VT was to gain samples of undetected malware then this has clearly failed. So it would possibly be better to withdraw from VT if they aren't getting the benefit of this information or they choose to ignore it.

So I was just thinking of trying something else like a new topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
We can comment and whine as much as we like in a topic where the title isn't likely to draw any attention, this topic has been going 8 days and no response.
I've changed the title... If this helps detection, I'll do it...

rdmaloyjr

Re: Attention Alwil: Win32.Bagle not detected by avast (yet)
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2007, 03:38:27 PM »
To reduce the burden on the AWIL team, just sent viruses to them & send trojans to anti-trojan programs like Spyware Terminator, AVG AS, SUPERAntiSpyware, A-Squared, etc.

Maybe this will speed up virus detections. ;D

Spyware Terminator does an excellent job of keeping me free of trojans, spyware & other malware.  avast! does an excellent job of keeping viruses, trojans & other malware off my system. ;D

A secure browser like Opera & an excellent fw like PCTFW help, too.

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2007, 03:39:10 PM »
i also noticed huge increase in delays while adding new malware (trojans/trojan proxies, backdoors and worms)

waiting for detection to be added for these:

Backdoor.Win32.IRCBot.acd
Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Agent.ji
Trojan-Proxy.Win32.Jaber.c
Trojan-Clicker.Win32.VB.fh

and several less important ones

Constructor.Perl.Msdds.b
Exploit.Java.ClassLoader.Dummy.D
Trojan-Clicker.HTML.Agent.a
Trojan-Downloader.Java.OpenStream.C
Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.bk
Trojan-Downloader.JS.Inor.a
Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.eb.zip
Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao
Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.f
feebs\Worm.Win32.Feebs.cb
feebs\Worm.Win32.Feebs.gen.12
feebs\Worm.Win32.Feebs.gen.13
feebs\Worm.Win32.Feebs.gen.14
feebs\Worm.Win32.Feebs.gen.15
feebs\Worm.Win32.Feebs.gen.19
feebs\Worm.Win32.Feebs.iq.1-7
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 03:42:29 PM by Dwarden »
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

sasin44

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2007, 06:36:32 PM »
To reduce the burden on the AWIL team, just sent viruses to them & send trojans to anti-trojan programs like Spyware Terminator, AVG AS, SUPERAntiSpyware, A-Squared, etc.

Maybe this will speed up virus detections.

i think that word ANTI VIRUS includes protection from torjans and other kinda infectors as well MAYBE they they can be excused if avast does not detect spywares...and nowadays torjans are becoming into a bigger and greater threat than good 'ol viruses....
and avast did not detect "e-card.exe" a malware which i guess was a self mailing VIRUS..
does it detect it now?
anyone?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2007, 07:36:06 PM »
Vps 000754-0 detects it.
Well, 8 days... Should I say thanks? Better late than never?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [Solved] Win32.Bagle not detected by avast
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2007, 07:39:59 PM »
Now we just have to deal with all the other long overdue submissions.I sincerely how we don't have to go through this kind of action to achieve a result.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: [Solved] Win32.Bagle not detected by avast
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2007, 09:06:24 PM »
I sincerely how we don't have to go through this kind of action to achieve a result.
I think exactly the same.