Author Topic: [Solved] Win32.Bagle not detected by avast  (Read 48415 times)

mauserme

Re: [Solved] Win32.Bagle not detected by avast
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2007, 10:58:27 PM »
After reading your post, Vlk, I have to say the thing most lacking was communication.   

I know its time consuming to monitor the forum but the presence of some Alwil staff will be good.  This thread probably could have died after two or three posts if someone would have just acknowledged  it and explained whatever difficulty existed adding the detection.

Tech asked if there's something we can do to help the process and I'll second that question.  We're obviously here to help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2007, 11:02:18 PM »
Tech asked if there's something we can do to help the process and I'll second that question.  We're obviously here to help.
If I can't help, I will complain... that's the only way we found to make ourselves happy and safe. I was not doing a rhetoric question. I really feel this way.
I agree with Bob in all terms. Silence from Alwil is hard for us, forum members.
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2007, 11:55:05 PM »
<snip>
5. Most of the virus lab guys aren't even aware of the forum. I'll make sure to get them acquinted and to have them monitor the Viruses and Worms category for any future complaints. This forum is a great community and has been very important to our success - and I think you deserve better handling from our side! ;)

Cheers
Vlk

I believe this would go a long way to resolving the complaints relating to undetected malware, leading to a submission that could otherwise take some time to appear in the VPS updates. Since most of those undetected samples we suggest that people use VirusTotal, so the labs could gain an incite into the malware type and its possible priority.

I look forward to the new submission method and the new virus lab members getting up to speed, thanks.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sasin44

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »
well i dont know about u guys but vlk's post i jus read gave me new hope..and damn all the other anti vir softs...if avast detected every thing before hand this wonderful forum would have not existed..
trust me guys this is the cleanest a forum can be..no swearing,and a bunch of people who act like they are above 16 yrs old..
 ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »
Yes it does give us hope but as has been mentioned, earlier communication/intervention would have avoided lots of the concern.

Hopefully when the labs team are able to pay some attention to the viruses and worms forum then the other long running 'samples remaining undetected' will also be resolved.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mauserme

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »
... and a bunch of people who act like they are above 16 yrs old..
 ;)
Some of us have had a lot of practice acting older than 16  ;D

henrik1782

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2008, 12:52:15 AM »
Hi...

Have read almost any reply in this forum and I am quite surprised to se the passion from users and volenteers for the avast product.

I use it myself on my 7 home computers and have been very pleased with the product for a long time. I have told all my friend about this fantastic product but I have to say....

I have been infected severel times with viruses, trojans, rootkits etc. that avast did not find and I think that many users are living happely without knowing that there systemt are infected. My consern about using avast is that some of the viruses that have infected my computer are old viruses that should have been implemented. Small virus scanners as eScan and PROVX CSI can find the Win32.Bagle, Win32.Pakes and rootkit virus that avast can not.

On the other hand .... Norton, Symantec and McAfee are not doing the job better than avast so avast is still a good alternative and often better than the three.

I think that today it is quite volneroble to only use one base virus scanner. I myself use a packet of scanners to be confident that all viruses, adware, malware, rootkit, trojan are found.

I would be happy if avast would focus on some on the bad viruses that are still harming our systems. Some of which are very difficult to locate and remove from the system (like win32.bagle). As a system engineer I can do this myself but normal users are lost and have to start all over again.

Best regards and keep up the good work.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
Small virus scanners as eScan and PROVX CSI can find the Win32.Bagle, Win32.Pakes and rootkit virus that avast can not.
You're right. avast should improve a lot on this point...

I think that today it is quite volneroble to only use one base virus scanner. I myself use a packet of scanners to be confident that all viruses, adware, malware, rootkit, trojan are found.
You're right. We still trust on layered defense.
The best things in life are free.