Author Topic: Renewal price & third party offerings.  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Sandra357

Renewal price & third party offerings.
« on: July 21, 2021, 06:11:30 PM »
Hi, my Premium Security and AntiTrack have both just expired. I wanted to have my iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire and my son’s iPhone covered for the most reasonable cost. Avast only offered coverage for one or ten devices for one year. I did some web inquiries and saw that your product is offered here as a package “Ultimate” for five devices, two years, for a pretty good price.  hxxps://www.kinguin.net/category/81019/avast-ultimate-2021-key-2-years-5-devices?rtoken=ChM2MzEwODY0NjYzMjc5MjYxOTU1EAIaI290aGVycy15b3Vfb3RoZXJzLXlvdV8xNTk5MTQyNjAxOTM4Ihlwcm9kdWN0LXBhZ2UtcGxhY2VtZW50LXYyKAA
“Includes: Avast Premier, Avast Passwords Premium, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast Secure Line“   Canadian Dollar $44.26
The renewal prices I have been offered by Avast are far more expensive. Is the third party offer a good one? How can I renew with Avast in the multiples I require (5 devices at multi years) at a reasonable price?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 01:03:59 PM by r@vast »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Renewal price & third party offerings.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 06:41:34 PM »
You have to be very careful when a price looks/sounds to be too good to be true, often it is.  So care needs to be taken in the case of 3rd party offers, they have to be authorised Avast resellers and I have no idea if this is from a genuine, authorised reseller.

The price you are being offered, looks like it is cheaper than for a single license for Avast Premium, they are also talking about Avast Premier

What I find strange is the image is for Avast Internet Security (long discontinued) in an offer for Avast Ultimate.  They are also mention Avast Premier in their description, which is also an old product name.

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 06:49:00 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 06:47:19 PM »
You have to be very careful when a price looks/sounds to be too good to be true, often it is.  So care needs to be taken in the case of 3rd party offers, they have to be authorised Avast resellers and I have no idea if this is from a genuine, authorised reseller.

The price you are being offered, looks like it is cheaper than for a single license for Avast Premium, they are also talking about Avast Premium

What I find strange is the image is for Avast Internet Security (long discontinued) in an offer for Avast Ultimate.  They are also mention Avast Premier in their description, which is also an old product name.

IMO seems definitely out of line and as David mentioned very suspicious.
 Offering non existent/discontinued products is obviously a scam.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 01:17:18 PM »
Hi, my Premium Security and AntiTrack have both just expired. I wanted to have my iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire and my son’s iPhone covered for the most reasonable cost. Avast only offered coverage for one or ten devices for one year. I did some web inquiries and saw that your product is offered here as a package “Ultimate” for five devices, two years, for a pretty good price.  hxxps://www.kinguin.net/category/81019/avast-ultimate-2021-key-2-years-5-devices?rtoken=ChM2MzEwODY0NjYzMjc5MjYxOTU1EAIaI290aGVycy15b3Vfb3RoZXJzLXlvdV8xNTk5MTQyNjAxOTM4Ihlwcm9kdWN0LXBhZ2UtcGxhY2VtZW50LXYyKAA
“Includes: Avast Premier, Avast Passwords Premium, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast Secure Line“   Canadian Dollar $44.26
The renewal prices I have been offered by Avast are far more expensive. Is the third party offer a good one? How can I renew with Avast in the multiples I require (5 devices at multi years) at a reasonable price?

Hi,

I would suggest that you contact Avast sales support https://support.avast.com/en-ca/contact/sales_other_general