Author Topic: POP & SMTP Ports  (Read 9134 times)

Norm321

Re: POP & SMTP Ports
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 01:14:39 AM »
Once I really thought it through it made sense. It wasn't while I was trying configure it, the thought of how it needed to be was when I was thinking about it when I was away from the computer. Sometimes that's what it takes. Oh, and the tip from sded about commenting out the smtp protocol line with ; made sending possible, I'm glad I saw that one!!

Now I need to get another email checker called eprompter configured. Here is the link to a post on that forum.

http://www.eprompter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=307

Thanks to all for the great help and suggestions!! I truly appreciate you fine people!!

Norm321

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 03:16:39 AM »
 :PNow I have another dilema. I tried to setup my wife's system with the same configuration as she too has Att Yahoo mail. She uses Incredimail however. Everything works as far as sending and receiving but avast is not scanning the outgoing mail. The blue avast ball spins but the mail scanning tray icon does not appear. avast is set to insert a clean note and you guessed it it does not appear in the sent email. The mail scanning tray icon appears for incoming mail and the note appears on those incoming emails. Do you think this is an avast quirk or do i possibly have to alter the stunnel config file somehow? Thanks in advance!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 03:26:45 AM »
:PNow I have another dilema. I tried to setup my wife's system with the same configuration as she too has Att Yahoo mail. She uses Incredimail however. Everything works as far as sending and receiving but avast is not scanning the outgoing mail. The blue avast ball spins but the mail scanning tray icon does not appear. avast is set to insert a clean note and you guessed it it does not appear in the sent email. The mail scanning tray icon appears for incoming mail and the note appears on those incoming emails. Do you think this is an avast quirk or do i possibly have to alter the stunnel config file somehow? Thanks in advance!!
Norm, aren't you posting twice the same? It won't help, on contrary, it doubles the effort of helping and reading 8)
The best things in life are free.

Norm321

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 03:34:45 AM »
You're right Tech, that was kind of dumb, sorry I was thinking 2 seperate posts would double my chances for replies but it does double the work and helping. I'm sorry, here is the link to the other post, everyone can just ignore my previous post and reply to the other one. Here it is

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14854.new;topicseen#new

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 03:39:44 AM »
See your other post on this it has already drawn responses.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security