Author Topic: 2 months free!  (Read 4489 times)

Runner

2 months free!
« on: February 24, 2004, 05:59:34 PM »
Hey guys!
I have just downloaded avast! 4 home for the second time, since the company that repaired my PC deleted the HD. But this time something went wrong with the download, so I'm only registered for a 2 month free version of the program. I'm only using it for my home pc and not for anything commercial, so I should get it for free. Is there anyway I can change the trial version to a normal free version, without uninstalling and installing the program again? My operating system is Windows XP Pro.

Thanks for a great program.

Steffen

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:2 months free!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 07:24:43 PM »
do you have a registration key? if yes, try to enter it in the license key  dilaog box:
right-click on the tray icon >> about avast4 >> press on license key then enter it.
you can register your HE for free here:
http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG
MW

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 07:37:58 PM »
I might be wrong about this, and of course I'll be happy to be corrected so I can learn more, but ...

I think you can get, and insert, a new registration code from Alwil anytime, regardless of how much time is or isn't left on your previous registration.  You simply start a new year (or 14 months, if that's still the case) from scratch to replace the old one.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

techie101

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 08:21:41 PM »
I think you can get, and insert, a new registration code from Alwil anytime, regardless of how much time is or isn't left on your previous registration.

Mike,
You are essentially correct.  For continued Home use at the end of the 14 month period, re-registration is required.  You can do this at any time before the expiration.

Runner,
Before we all go "wild" with this key code thing, please check the setting of the system clock.  If the clock was not set when the drive was formatted, Avast will not know the correct time period left to the expiration date.

techie

Runner

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 09:59:40 PM »
Thank's! I now got a new registration code and are now logged on for another 14 months! Thank's for the fast and superb service from the avast team!

Steffen
Copenhagen, Denmark

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 10:11:58 PM »
Great, next time I'm stuck in Kastrup you can get me a beer ;D

Take care,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Runner

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 11:41:41 AM »
 ;)
Sure thing, just drop me a mail!
There are a lot of viruses going around here in Denmark, but avast gets them all!

Thanks

Steffen
Copenhagen, Denmark