Author Topic: PACKAGE BROKEN!!! is a false ERROR  (Read 2263 times)

wiebeck

PACKAGE BROKEN!!! is a false ERROR
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »
Hey,

I have been struggling to find the answer to the PACAKGE BROKEN error that comes on my laptop. Until....after two evenings in my hotel that I realized that the error is a false one!  Better explained as you get this error if you start your computer and the avast AUTO UPDATE is on but you cannot or do not get an internet connection before the updater starts.  I proved this by logging on one day and getting the error. After hooking up the hotel server..no more error. Shut down computer and restart....(with the server access already granted from the previous startup) and NO ERROR.

I have probably downloaded the original 4.6 pacakge about 5 times before my recent trip and discovered this. I turn my AUTO UPDATER off and no more problems. 

I hope this helps....anyone who is plagued by this error to have a little more understanding and lot less frustration.

jim

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: PACKAGE BROKEN!!! is a false ERROR
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:33:37 PM »
You could try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.

However, I would suggest you download the latest version 4.7.1001 (don't know where you got  4.6 from), uninstall the old version, reboot and install the latest version. Download from here, http://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: PACKAGE BROKEN!!! is a false ERROR
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 02:59:27 PM »
Instructions for an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Use Avast Uninstall for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the last version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.