Author Topic: Worrying pop up  (Read 6358 times)

J J

Re: Worrying pop up
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 08:04:06 PM »
Rick F your link was very helpful, i think i have got it disabled now.

Yes DavidR the status is on started and the start up type is automatic.

Tarq57 I think you mean the component monitor. If yes then yes it is set to learning. and i didn't have the block all outgoing connections while booting on. thanks for that.

Recently i haven't been getting the pop up so hopefully i won't get it again. if i do I'll post back here.

Thanks for all the input.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »
Disabling the DCOM, shouldn't have any effect on whether or not you get the pop-ups.

The attempts are speculative and don't know or care if your system is up to date and not vulnerable to these DCOM attacks. So the attack doesn't know from the outside of your system DCOM is disabled.

They have stopped as quickly as they appeared, perhaps because none got through (no point in sending more) or Comodo finally came to the fore and is blocking them, so the Network Shield isn't getting in on the action.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 04:09:42 AM »
Or Comodo finally came to the fore and is blocking them, so the Network Shield isn't getting in on the action.
My guesses are on this way...
The best things in life are free.