Author Topic: Avast Does Not Recognize my Password~ On repeat  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Contesafication

Avast Does Not Recognize my Password~ On repeat
« on: July 24, 2021, 10:48:43 AM »
I noticed this a couple weeks ago, but never really messed with it much until tonight.  I cannot do anything with the Avast on my computer. It prompts me for my PASSWORD~

An attempt has been made to enter a protected area of Avast (Program settings) This may be a legitimate action, but could also be the result of a malware attack. Do you want to coninue?

My password! ....is always invalid. I've tried changing the password. NOTHING! I've tried to remove this crap. CANNOT DO IT BECAUSE MY PASSWORD IS INVALID. I basically cannot do anything with this garbage because...you guessed it! My password is INVALID! I cannot use windows to remove it and for the LIFE OF ME I do not understand why Avast needs a password to be deleted from my programs! I'm at the point of taking my computer and putting it in the dumpster.

I can log in here and type things just fine and dandy...but I cannot access and do not have any control over the program. I just want it GONE.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0