Author Topic: Need ADNM or not?  (Read 3170 times)

sramage

Need ADNM or not?
« on: July 03, 2007, 08:29:29 AM »
Hello,

I have to deploy antivirus software on 30 computers
some of them have no internet access for security reason so how avast can be updated?
shoud I use avast netclient?
or there is another solution using avast pro ?

2nd question:
if I need ADNM how can I buy it ? should I buy 30 licences of the standard suite ? or can I buy seperate 30 avast pro licences and "put them" in ADNM demo? how it works?

thanks you

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Need ADNM or not?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:51:41 AM »
Hi sramage,

and welcome to the avast forums.

I have to deploy antivirus software on 30 computers
some of them have no internet access for security reason so how avast can be updated?
shoud I use avast netclient?
or there is another solution using avast pro ?

For a network of 30 machines, I'd definitely recommend to use the ADNM. Plus, the extra benefit is that they will be updating from the management server - so they don't need Internet access (which, as you mentioned, is actually the case with some of your machines).

2nd question:
if I need ADNM how can I buy it ? should I buy 30 licences of the standard suite ? or can I buy seperate 30 avast pro licences and "put them" in ADNM demo? how it works?

ADNM per se is free. So, you can either buy the Suite (if you need to protect a server as well) or 30 Pro's and you can still use ADNM for no extra charge.
If you buy the Pro's, you'll need to request a license file for use with the ADNM - use the form: http://www.avast.com/eng/resend-license.php to get it (of course, it works only after you purchase the Pro licenses).

Thanks
Vlk
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:06:29 AM by igor »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.