Author Topic: Avast UI not loading when double-clicking on the clock tray icon  (Read 1207 times)

Offline reparky

I have an issue in which the Avast main window doesn't appear on the screen when I double-click on the Avast icon in the clock tray. All I get is what appears to be some kind of window that flashes up on the screen but disappears. I've completely removed Avast using the Avast removal tool and reinstalled it but that didn't fix anything.

I have a log file here that seems indicate some kind of program crash.

Offline reparky

Re: Avast UI not loading when double-clicking on the clock tray icon
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 05:44:46 AM »
I tried completely removing the product again using the Avast removal tool in Safe Mode, got back into Windows and cleaned out any and all possible remnants of Avast that could possibly have been left behind, rebooted. I reinstalled the product with everything being the default settings, but still... the product GUI will not launch at all after I reboot the system after installing it. The log file I attached before just keeps getting larger and larger with every attempt to bring the UI up.

At this point, Avast is completely useless to me. I have to be honest, the complete lack of a way to get actual support from this company has me thinking about using another antivirus software product.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 05:47:34 AM by reparky »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 12:47:13 PM »
Hi,

This issue is generally caused by conflicts with Windows services configuration. Could you please try to make sure that the relevant Windows services are set to run automatically? Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Troubleshoot-Embarrassing-UI-Failed-load
If this does not help, please consider contacting Avast Support via https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/paid_pc_avast-premium-security

Offline reparky

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 04:13:33 PM »
I made sure that that service is running as it should be, Auto Start. As for that system service, I did that already and I have a ticket from the last time this happened; ticket number 13648979. Unfortunately, I recreated exactly what the technician did again on my own, and it didn't work.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:19:21 PM by reparky »

Offline reparky

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 07:21:07 AM »
Well, I solved it; though, only by using the nuclear option. I wiped and reloaded Windows 10 from scratch. I even told Windows 10 to re-download all new installation sources from Microsoft just in case something was corrupted with that.

Offline reparky

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 09:00:41 PM »
Oh great, now I have another computer that's showing the same issue. Am I going to have to use the nuclear option on that? Avast!!! There's something rotten in Denmark here!

Offline reparky

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 11:13:28 PM »
I'm fully convinced that this is a serious bug in Avast, I now have a ticket open that's been elevated to senior-level technical support. The technician that took control of my system has also concluded that there must be some kind of defect/bug in Avast and has submitted all required data and logs via something called the Avast Support Tool. To any Avast employee here on these forums, my ticket/case number is 13695683. This is indeed a bug of some sort, and it needs to be investigated and fixed.

What's scary about this is that I have no idea if my system is protected or not.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 11:21:01 PM by reparky »