Author Topic: avast! antivrius & comodo anti-virus  (Read 25948 times)

ifihadonechance

avast! antivrius & comodo anti-virus
« on: July 05, 2007, 08:37:56 AM »
Hello,

I currently have avast! antivirus home ed. with comodo firewall.

I wan't to get comodo anti-virus with avast! anti-virus.

If I wan't both (Which I do) what do I do to not have any corruptions or crashes or error?

I wan't to use avast anti-virus as the main anti-virus, so do i disable comodo's antivirus on access scanner or what do I do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast! antivrius & comodo anti-virus
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:17:12 PM »
Don't, apart from the fact the comodo AV is in beta still I believe, but it doesn't hold a candle to avast.

Having two resident scanners installed is not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable. Even disabling elements in another AV it is still likely to have virtual device drivers in registry Legacy keys which can cause conflict. There may also be services running even if you have some elements disabled.

Personally I would look for an AV that is on-demand and then you don't have to disable anything.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

carioca

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
 ;D
Hi, buddy!
Personally I'd rather choose looknstop 2.06 because I have a lifetime license and it's the lightest (no fingers print in your system) firewall I have used with an excellent protection and a responsive support team. Secondly, I'd take the comodo personal firewall because it has excellent imo and it's really a very impressive security stuff with a  very perspective for the CFP 3.0! It's my humble opinion! Best Regards.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:27:20 AM »
I wan't to get comodo anti-virus with avast! anti-virus.
I won't do that... Comodo antivirus is very weak and its quality is far behind the firewall.
The firewall is very good. The antivirus doesn't deserve this name
The best things in life are free.

ifihadonechance

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:47:41 AM »
Ok.

Thanks so much guys for all your help, but then what other antivirus is the best with avast!?

mauserme

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 01:50:25 PM »

ifihadonechance

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »
Okay. Thanks mauserme for all your help!

Thanks.

ifihadonechance

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 01:09:52 AM »
Get a nonresident antivirus like Bitdefender Free or ClamWin AV

http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-14-en--BitDefender-8-Free-Edition.html

http://www.clamwin.com/

I tried Clam Anti-Virus but It wouldn't scan. It would just stay there waiting for something to happen.

I looked at bit defener and it was a evaluation for some reason!

SO could some1 plz giv me a straight link to download bit defender free edition?

Thanks!  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 01:32:29 AM »
You should have been able to get there, clicking the Evaluation Version link and from the next page there is a -Please Chose a Product- drop down list, select DitDefender 8 Free Version. You fill in the details and you are emailed the download link, so there is no direct download link.

This link (http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/browseEvaluationVersion/1/42/) starts of with the BitDefender 8 Free Version already selected, but you still need to complete the basic info to get the link.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ifihadonechance

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 01:42:42 AM »
Are yu sure this will be alright with avast antivirus and comodo firewall and Spybot - SD Resident?

carioca

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 02:09:23 AM »
 ???
Ups! Am I at Avast Forum or I am logged  at the wrong  Forum? Oh, gee!
 :-X

I tried Clam Anti-Virus but It wouldn't scan. It would just stay there waiting for something to happen.

SO could some1 plz giv me a straight link to download bit defender free edition?

Thanks!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 02:17:59 AM by carioca »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 02:32:11 AM »
Are yu sure this will be alright with avast antivirus and comodo firewall and Spybot - SD Resident?

BitDefender * Free version is on-demand only and will have no problems with avast or the other applications you mention. Personally I always pause the standard shield when I run any other security application scan.

ifihadonechance

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 02:34:38 AM »

BitDefender * Free version is on-demand only and will have no problems with avast or the other applications you mention. Personally I always pause the standard shield when I run any other security application scan.

Alright! Will do! Thanks DavidR  ;D

ifihadonechance

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 02:36:05 AM »
???
Ups! Am I at Avast Forum or I am logged  at the wrong  Forum? Oh, gee!
 :-X

Thanks!  ;D

Hey, I just looking for a secondary Anti-Virus, Geez!

What are you on about?  :-\

lurkingatu2

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 04:48:02 AM »
theres also a lot of good free online scanners you can use  :)