Author Topic: Sign of Suela-1042  (Read 2877 times)

poetrydiva

Sign of Suela-1042
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »
Avast scan completed on August 14th, found a sign of Suela-1042 in the file C:\WINDOWS\VMMHIBER.W9X

The only information I could find was that it was discovered in 2004, but no other technical information.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Sign of Suela-1042
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »
A google search for the file name returns many hits, http://www.google.com/search?q=VMMHIBER.W9X, that may return more information.

Some of those seem to indicate that this file is some sort of hibernation file, if correct then it could be at the time of hibernation you may have had a virus in memory that would be included in the hibernation file. You may be able to delete this file (you would have to confirm) and it should get recreated.

If it isn't a huge file les than 10MB you should be able to have it scanned as a confirmation.
You could check the offending/suspect file/s at (and report the findings): VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner I feel virustotal is the better option as it uses the windows version of avast (more packers supported) and there are currently 30 different scanners.

Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. Whichever scanner you use, you can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security